Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-21-2022, 11:10 PM)beez Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 04:14 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Jeez Beez! Do what you can, but if things go south, you are going to be pretty well screwed.

We all have our crosses to bear.

I hope your family fares well.  My prayers and best wishes.

I may be old, crippled (going to the VA next month, getting my rating to 100% disabled) and ugly, but I'm mean and I didn't get to be this old by being a pussy and rolling over and dying.

tinybiggrin

I've got boom sticks, a skill set, and a temper.

tinysure

You ain't all alone.

If the SHTF, Grace and I are toast in a very short time. She had CRPD, and has had her back broken with 3 surgeries so far, and doesn't get around as well as she used to. I probably have some medical issues, but since I don't go to doctors, I've no idea what they are. I know that the mere act of carrying groceries up the hill and into the house screws me royally, so I'm guessing at the very least some breathing issues, maybe some heart shit going on, too, since it tries to thump it's way out of my chest on such occasions.

My teeth are fucked over the last 4 years or so, and that is what will eventually kill me if the SHTF doesn't. The gummint insurance I've got doesn't cover "yer teeth are gonna kill you, bro" so I don't bother with doctors at all if I can't go to the ones that can fix me, and the ones I can go to  can't get to the root of the problem. It would be a waste of BidenHarris-inflated gasoline to do so. BUT - the gummint can feel good about my dyin' ass because they "cover" me for free, even if that "coverage" is utterly useless to me and goes entirely unused.

So we won't be running and playing like youngsters, either.

However, like you I have a few boomsticks and a really bad attitude. When that Evil Day comes, I have no illusions that it isn't going to kill me, as it most certainly will. The only question at this point is just how many miscreants I can take to Hell with me - to carry my baggage as my porters I reckon -  before they get me. I will beat the piss out of their spook asses if they don't, and then will beat them further for pissing. I've  no doubt I can get that done, because my Spook self isn't subject to the same physical restrictions my physical self is, and they'd have that really bad attitude to contend with. I think I can out-asshole them.

Like Samson on his Evil Day, I plan to take as many with me as I can, the rationale being that the ones I can take out before they get me won't be troubling any decent folk thereafter.

Samson got 3000 according to the Bible, and he had been blinded. I can only hope to top that.

Time will tell. I reckon it depends on how many come on That Evil Day.

Editorial note: I'm still trying to figure out if that "stripper guy" in that video is Alan Tudyk. "Wash" from Firefly and the alien from "Resident Alien". He looks suspiciously similar to me...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-22-2022, 06:51 AM