Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(05-17-2022, 03:43 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What they are making the area into, is far from what I wanted when I moved out here. I moved from the city, but the city moved to me.

I am looking for another place, out in the boonies, that may be able to stay country long enough the my time on this plane is up. I know that it will all fall under the thumb of the establishment eventually. I just hope I am not here to see it.

Yeah, the boonies are the way to go. The key I think is to pick a place in an area no one wants to be in.While taxes on my patch of wilderness have gone up astronomically in relative terms compared to what they used to be - around a 300% increased over the last 20 years - in absolute terms they are still pretty low because no one wants to be out there, making the land relatively valueless, which keeps the taxes low. The taxes on 34 acres out there run around 120-130 bucks a year, not a bank-breaking soul-crushing amount.

Economically depressed area, no job prospects for 100 or 150 miles, no one wants to live there because living off the land is the only option, and that takes pretty intensive labor. Farming, hunting, and foraging are the only means of survival, surrounded for 100 miles in all directions by armed and grouchy hillbillies. That's why it's my ace in the hole - not only does no one want to live there now, no one is ever gonna want to live there.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Ninurta - 05-17-2022, 05:14 PM