Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
I lived off a tee box at a very nice golf course. My wife and I would spend 4 to 6 months in the states and 4 to 6 months in Thailand or other places we wanted to visit. Our electric bill when gone was $39 a month as the house was turned off except for the alarm system and the hot water heater. Well they put a smart meter on the house and the electric bill jumped to 79/83$ a month. Same house same things turned on. Their excuse was the meter is more accurate (BS).

About that time it was also tax season whereby in Texas you pay school taxes and property taxes. I started adding stuff up and came to the conclusion that we were paying $12,000 a year in insurance, (house was paid for) school and property taxes.. I listed the house and sold it within 2 months.

We moved to North Thailand out in the sticksĀ  (10 minutes from my local golf course) and have a producing farm of rice and vegetables (I have never worked the farm just collect 50% of the produce during harvest).. The highest electric bill I have ever had one very hot summer was $130 and that is with one or more air conditions running full time; average bill is $100 or much less during the winter.

I ain't poor and we could have stayed in the states but it just pissed me off as I have a thing about feeling like I am getting ripped off. Oh we do not pay taxes here on our property yet I still pay several thousand dollars each year back to uncle scammy. This year it was an additional $4000 (I already pay $600 a month when I take out from my IRA monthly) which while not happy at least it beats me saying screw you and not paying.

The WEF saying of, "you will own nothing and be happy" is only partly correct IMO.

We missed all the covid lock down BS here other than wear a mask when you enter a place of business...so... for once in my life I made a good decision when we sold everything there and moved here... If it turns to shit (not expected) we will find another place that will welcome us. minusculebeercheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by 727Sky - 04-25-2022, 07:06 AM