Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky
I live on the Clinch River that is mentioned about 6 minutes in to the video. I was raised on the same river, but about 20 miles downstream from here. I can verify the presence of extensive cave systems in this area, as well as underground rivers in some of those caves. I do not know of any "Kingston" on the Clinch, but Kingsport, TN is on it, so the reporter may just not be familiar with place names here.

The Clinch is on the Tennessee River drainage, whereas the area where the reporter mentions dropping in the GPS buoy is on the Big Sandy drainage, which drains into the Ohio River - but those are all surface rivers, and may not have any bearing at all on the subsurface flow. The buoy would have to travel underground beneath Russel Fork, and Levisa River, and possibly under Guess's Fork and the Powell River, then under Sandy Ridge, which divides the Tennessee drainage from the Ohio drainages in order to resurface in the Clinch River in Tennessee.

Regarding the cave drawings mentioned by the reporter, I had a friend when I was a kid who swore there were cave drawings on the walls of Daugherty's Cave that he had seen with his own eyes, but the archaeological team that excavated test trenches there never mentioned any. Officially, there are only two places in VA to find petroglyphs, one being a cliff face on Paint Lick Mountain about 11 miles from here, and the other being at Peaks of Otter, I think. 

The initial part of the video, detailing the exploration methods and such, dovetails nicely with the known fact that government helicopters have been flying in the area using side-scan radar looking apparently for cave and abandoned mine entrances in the hillsides.

Where he mentions a "labyrinth of passages leading in all directions" It reminds me of Gray's Cave, the one I found the underground river in. There is a series of passages in that cave that wrap back towards the mouth of the cave, but go above the main entrance gallery, and there are holes in the floor of the passageway where you can look down and see the main entrance gallery - but from below, you can't see the holes or the passageway above.

Human bones in caves around here are not unusual. There have been several caves called "burial caves" or "mortuary caves" documented here, and several more that are still undocumented, and which have been pillaged by grave robbers (who fancy themselves "collectors" rather than "grave robbers") looking for ancient Indian artifacts. Boots, shoes, ripped clothing, modern implements and toys are, however, rather less common.

In several of the mortuary caves, the bones ARE found in jumbled piles of several individuals, usually in vertical shaft caves. They explain that by saying that's just how the bodies landed when dropped down the shaft, and the artifacts dropped with them are usually in the same pile, or very near by.

Bigfoot traveling underground? It's possible. I know that just prior to the Revolutionary War, two Long Hunters entered Daugherty's Cave on Big Cedar Creek in what later became Russell County VA to escape from pursuing Indians, and emerged at Gray's Cave, about 6 miles away. That same cave system connect to a cave in Glade Hollow on Rt 71 in Russell County, VA, a further 6 miles down the way, and there is no telling just how extensive it truly is, so, yeah, it's a possibility.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by kdog - 03-12-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by Bloodstained - 03-12-2022, 07:59 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by Bloodstained - 03-13-2022, 02:00 AM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by Bloodstained - 03-12-2022, 04:50 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by BIAD - 03-12-2022, 08:08 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by Ninurta - 03-12-2022, 09:35 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by BIAD - 03-12-2022, 10:43 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by Ninurta - 03-12-2022, 10:58 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by BIAD - 03-13-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by ABNARTY - 03-13-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Bigfoot in Cave in Kentucky - by PLOTUS - 03-13-2022, 07:31 PM