Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alec Baldwin shoots and kills woman with a prop gun on a movie set
(10-22-2021, 03:42 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I have no doubt that a blank round looks completely different from a live round. I don't see how anyone could make that kind of mistake. If they needed real live rounds for shots where the rounds would be visible, like a revolver, I can kind of understand, but even then they could be marked somehow, like the casing painted bright orange.

It seems really suspicious when this happens on a movie set.

It's my understanding that a squib left an obstruction in the barrel, and the blank with a full charge propelled that left over squib obstruction as if it were a projectile. The gun also had a history of malfunction on this set, and so really should have been retired from use.

Also, they are supposed to visually inspect the weapon for just such obstructions before loading the blanks. That has been the rule ever since Brandon Lee was killed under remarkably similar circumstances.

Someone slacked on their job, and someone else died for it.

I don't like Mr. Baldwin, because he is a jackass, but I would not wish something like this to be on anyone's conscience, his included.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills woman with a prop gun on a movie set - by Ninurta - 10-23-2021, 12:09 AM