Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Lockdown Lunacy] Australia Decends Into Civil War!
(08-30-2021, 08:19 AM)Nomnomine Wrote: Alright, honest question. Maybe it's the American in me. Do Australians just listen to their government? I definitely don't... Those dumb suits can try... Shit man, they got little chance against the populous. Is that an island thing?

Honest answer is I really don't know.  I can't say I listen or my wife for that matter but that doesn't mean everybody I guess.  Perhaps it's fortunate we live away from the crap and get on everyday life.  Sure, we have restrictions when we go into town.  i.e. wear a mask (yeah okay only because I can't afford a $5000 flamin fine each).  Back in the truck and home we are not bothered.

It must be harder for those that live in the big smoke.  I mean, for those residing in a unit or flat, I feel sorry for the poor sods and no wonder they get stir crazy and give the government the finger.

In relating that, I guess if anyone set foot on our selection and started trying to run our lives, either side of the politics then we'd let loose the kangaroos in our respective top paddocks so to say.

Mulling over the second part of your question, "Is that an Island thing?"  Could be, but Australia is larger than the US in size but of course little population.  Most reside in the cities or on the coasts.  But your analogy re "island" is probably leaning towards our remoteness from the other continents in my thoughts.  

A long "Yeah"....with a short "Nah" said in context would describe how we feel.

Not sure that's the answer you want but I'm speaking for just me and true love.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Lockdown Lunacy] Australia Decends Into Civil War! - by Bally002 - 09-03-2021, 11:48 PM