Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What if This is it?
(08-01-2021, 09:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 08:45 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: No matter what we think might be coming I think we can all agree that there is an overwhelming feeling amongst the populace that something wicked this way comes and that in all probability "that something" will arrive sometime this Fall. Most of us cannot shake this feeling even though many are not sure of what it means for them.

The reason Kdog and I took our big road trip was because something in my gut has been telling me for many months that we would never get the chance to take such a journey again. I pray my gut is wrong but it rarely is.

I agree @"GeauxHomeLittleD".  I've had that same feeling. I hate to keep telling people to get prepared with food, water, meds, etc. all the time, but I can't shake the feeling that things are about to get bad. 

I think at least one part will be the internet going down at the end of the month, just about the time they are ready to release the audit for the 2020 steal.  
I've heard that the left and RINOS on Capitol Hill are shaking in their boots. 
Also saw a leak that they probably stole 6 or 7 Senate seats. Heck, we probably would have won the House too, if truth be known. 

I only have so much cabinet space for food, but I think I have enough to do us for maybe two months. Beyond that... time to go hunting/fishing.

Remember when you were a kid, and granny always had a cellar full of mason jars on shelves? Just about anything you could want, produced at home, and stored for later use? Granny learned that as a necessity during the Great Depression. We all need to re-learn it now, BEFORE the crunch hits.

ANYTHING can be canned, from veggies to fruit to meats. My Dear Old Dad used to even can fish, great big monsters caught out of South Holston Lake. I've also seen him can pork after we butchered a hog. Doesn't matter how big it is - you just cut it down to size, to git into quart jars. Granny also had a smoke house, where everything from hogs to cattle to deer were preserved for the future use.

I've noticed several home-brewed smokehouses going again, chugging out the smoke, in the past two years.

Granny had a cellar plumb full of mason jars. She had a smokehouse plumb full of hams, beef, and deer. She even had a shed full of bundles of dried herbs, dried fruit and veggies on strings, and such-like. All of it came from the farm, or the surrounding woods. Granny didn't need much money - she already had a replenishable stock of what she needed. Granny was prepared. granny was a survivor.

When the word "hunting" is mentioned these days, most folks think of big game - deer and bigger. But when I was a kid, I ate so many squirrels, rabbits, and groundhogs that it practically fell out of my ears. As a teenager, I fed myself off of that same sort of stock, and here's a hint - small stuff is far more abundant and easier to catch than big stuff. I know that for fact. Frogs (don't waste 'em - there is more meat on a frog than just the legs), turtles... even snakes. If you're determined to eat, the food is out there, even if it's just the stuff that other folks are too squeamish to eat.

I can recall walking home as a teenager, carrying a 15 pound snapping turtle by the tail and at arm's length because I had nothing to kill it with on me when I caught it, and it still wanted to eat me... but we see now which direction that eating went. A mere 15 pounds gets pretty heavy when you carry it at arms length after a half mile or so, but I got it home and ate it all the same. The turtle snapping at you, still trying to eat you, provides a great incentive to keep that arm up and stretched out, no matter how heavy it seems to be getting.

I used to hunt frogs with a blow gun. I still have 3 blow guns. I've even killed rabbits with a thrown rock when I had nothing else handy.

It's why I am frantically gathering in seed that will consistently sprout. It's why I have learned how to make my own paper cartridges for black powder guns. It's why I learned to make my own powder to fill those cartridges with. It's why I learned to make my own caps to fire those cartridges with. It's why I learned long ago how to make my own bows and arrows. It why I have seed for a particular type of pampas grass that grows a stem that is perfect for arrows. It's the why for a lot of things I do.

When it comes time to survive, get right down to the business of survival without delay. Hit the ground running. That's easier to do if you are prepared beforehand.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
What if This is it? - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-31-2021, 10:32 PM
RE: What if This is it? - by VioletDove - 08-01-2021, 02:18 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-01-2021, 03:42 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by 727Sky - 08-01-2021, 03:08 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-01-2021, 03:45 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by Ninurta - 08-01-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by F2d5thCav - 08-01-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: What if This is it? - by Tarzan the apeman. - 08-01-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: What if This is it? - by Kenzo - 08-01-2021, 07:56 PM
RE: What if This is it? - by Ninurta - 08-02-2021, 04:42 AM
RE: What if This is it? - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 08-01-2021, 08:45 PM