Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion.
(06-29-2021, 11:59 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Only part way through but I too have always questions the mid-June finding. I accept one guy running a herd would not be able to drop everything and drive all over the countryside immediately. OK. But I lean more towards your finding date of that weekend in July...

As mentioned before, the structure of the narrative from the media and authors has been so corrupted that obtaining
the simple facts of what happened is difficult. But due to the worthiness required by those who desire interest from the
incident, genuine occurences at that time do indicate an unusual situation took place.

I mean the Wikipedia clip that states the June date, actually came from a website 'roswellproof.homestead.com',
and has no official standing in the regular place of mainstream news. I'm not casting aspersions on the site or David
Rudiak who created it, as it seems to be a repository of sourced-material, but the neutrality of that information will
always be doubted by those stick to the US Air force's narrative.

Here's the only mention of the month of June in the actual Wikipedia sourced-link and holds no relevance to the Roswell
situation:

"...One possibility was the UFO report of June 29 from a rancher in Cliff, N.M. of a shiny object crashing down. 
Two AAF fliers went out to look but found nothing except a layer of "stinking air." This was a small story barely
reported even in New Mexico, but the Santa Fe UP office was probably aware of it..."

So where did the 14th June date come from?

In the many telexes from the RoswellProof.Homestead website, one of the messages is from 8th July and within it
is an indication of the initial date of Brazel's find:

SHERIFF GEORGE WILCOX (CORRECT) OF ROSWELL WAYS THAT THE DISC WAS
FOUND ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO BY A RANCHER BY THE NAME OF W. W. BRIZELL
ON THE FOSTER RANCH NEAR CORONA, ABOUT 75 MILES NORTHWEST OF ROSWELL
NEAR THE CENTER OF NEW MEXICO.
SHERIFF WILCOX SAYS THE RANCHER DOES NOT HAVE A TELEPHONE, AND
THAT HE DID NOT REPORT FINDING THE DISC UNTIL DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY.

There may be more evidence out there that could narrow the scope of locating the exact date that Brazel first discovered
the debris on the ranch, but a woman who worked at KOAT Radio in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the time, does give us
an indication of the reality of when the discovery happened. There is also an interesting description of what this woman
heard about the wreckage.

My name is Lydia A Sleppy
My address is:  XXXXXXXXXX
I am employed as: _________________________________
(X)I am retired: 9/30/77 from State of California, Dept. Parks & Recreation

In 1947, worked at KOAT Radio in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
My duties included operating the station's teletype machine, which received news and allowed us to send stories
to the ABC and Mutual networks, with which KOAT was affiliated.

In early July 1947, I received a call from John McBoyle, general manager and part-owner of KSWS Radio in Roswell,
New Mexico, which was associated with KOAT.  I do not remember the exact date, but it definitely was a weekday
(I never worked weekends) and almost certainly after the Fourth of July. The call came in before noon.

McBoyle said he had something hot for the network.  I asked Karl Lambertz, our program director and acting manager
(KOAT owner and manager Merle Tucker was out of town), to be present in my office while I took the story from McBoyle
and put it on the teletype.

Using the teletype, I alerted ABC News headquarters in Hollywood to expect an important story, and Mr. Lambertz stood
behind me while I typed. To the best of my recollection, McBoyle said, "There's been one of these flying saucer things crash
down here north of Roswell."

He said he had been in a coffee shop on his morning break when a local rancher, "Mac" Brazel, came in and said he had
discovered the object some time ago while he was out riding on the range, and that he had towed it in and stored it underneath
a shelter on his property.  Brazel offered to take McBoyle to the ranch to see the object.
McBoyle described it as "a big crumpled dishpan."..'

SOURCE:

Based on just these two objective mentions of time, we can postulate that Mac Brazel found something on the Foster ranch
well-before the 4th, 5th and 6th of July 1947.

But since the publically-known media's introduction to the incident wasn't until 7th July, the selfishness of creating an eye-catching
article demands the emphasis belongs in the realm that the media can control. Hearsay from someone-who-knew-someone-who
-spoke-to-a-dumb-rancher is out-trumped in the media by an official dictum regarding a breath-taking admission that off-world
vehicles are crashing into our planet.

However, adhering to this manner of trusting authoritative sources -over a witness within the general public, ensures that if a change
in the narrative is required, the media have travelled far enough down the road of aligning with the official statement that a turnaround
would diminish the overall credibility of the story.

In the Sleppy affidavit, the lady comments that she never works weekends, this is another example to show that what Brazel found
couldn't be on Saturday (5th July) or Sunday (6th July) as the media implied. Even if we accepted that what Lydia Sleppy was
experiencing occurred on Friday (4th July), her boss' statement tells us that the 'big crumpled dishpan' was found 'some time ago'.

By the way, the next sentence in Sleppy's account contradicts the pushed report of 'scraps of foil and a some rubber sticks'.
You don't tow scraps of foil (presumably by horse or truck) from the desert floor for storage in a nearby shelter.
................................................................................

Quote:The Army's response was inconsistent with a weather balloon. Why send an Intelligence Officer out to recover what you know
is most likely a weather balloon? That is a mundane and routine occurrence they would send some schmucks out to retrieve.
Probably already had some folks assigned to the detail.   

The Army's response was inconsistent with the Mogul balloons. Again, why send an Intelligence Officer out to what you suspect
is your highly classified project laying around in the unsecured desert scrub? You would send those involved with the project.
Those read-in on the mission. Marcel was in the S2/G2 slot for the base but NOT involved with Operation Mogul if what I have
read is accurate...

Like you say, the movement of the chess pieces on the board shows something of importance happened and no amount of
word-smithing can degrade that. Even if we stretch to the idea that Bill Brazel found the damaged remains of a sensitive
project to identify traces of Russian nuclear testing, was the information gathered in a form transmissible by radio signals?

If not, then the delicate -but important intelligence was aboard the aerial apparatus that was now on the ground and nobody
could find it or believed to be looking for it. Since the actual evidence stored in the balloon-attached device wouldn't be valuable
to the regular residents in the region, easy-going queries to locate the downed-rig would go some-way to obtaining the lost
equipment.

But that would be leaning towards the later-proposed narrative and at the time, the top-brass in the local military hadn't even
been notified of the project. Even if they had been, releasing such a ridiculous dispatch to a public unaware that anything
security-sensitive was taking place, would only bring attention to the situation.
It doesn't add-up.

Some guy found some crap in the desert and after looking at a portion of the material, a supposedly emotionally-detached
military sanctioned a public announcement that alien-life had come to Earth. Then after recanting such a world-shaking statement,
they moved the alleged evidence to another State and allowed the media to take photographs of trivial trash that can often be found
in places of meteorological experiments.

No ridicule of those in command from the newspapers, no serious dressing-down from superior military and Governmental officials,
just a 'It was all a misunderstanding folks' and with a gentle smile, the 509th Operations Group that dropped the atom bomb on
Hiroshima went back to letting the New Mexico sun make the jeeps tick with the summer heat.

Quote:The Army's response with detaining Mac Brazel is inconsistent with a weather balloon but maybe not the Mogul balloons.
However, if they mid-June finding date is indeed accurate, it might explain why they questioned him so long.
They would be suspicious of why it took so long to report it.

What was he doing with the material? Who had he spoken to? Who had he shown the material to? Why? 
Perhaps I'll have more comments/questions as I work my way through this...

If Brazel's later comments are to be believed (verified by witnesses at the time), the few days he was kept at the Roswell Army Air Field
(known as Walker Air Force Base a year later) are an indicator that something happened that involved him and the military were
concerned enough to -not only keep him away from his family and the media, but possibly coerced him to admitting it might have been a
weather balloon that he found.

However, his later comment where he 'was brought' to the Radio Station KGFL and renounce his earlier suggestion of a flying disc,
tells a different story.
"...I am sure what I found was not any weather observation balloon," he said.
"But if I find anything else besides a bomb they are going to have a hard time getting me to say anything about it."

minusculethinking

More to come?!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion. - by BIAD - 06-27-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion. - by BIAD - 06-30-2021, 04:50 PM