Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion.
Now... where are we at? Oh yes, some stuff finally arrives at Roswell Army Air force Base.
I'm hoping that at some point, we can get to Fort Worth Texas with the same militaristic-haste that the debris, Marcel and
his superiors showed during that week in July 1947.

The confusing dates, the images that are said to be from the Roswell Army Base -when in fact, are from Carswell Army Base
in Fort Worth and the surprising morning visits to Colonel Blanchard's office from a General and his Brigadier General.
All for the sake of some scraps of a weather-balloon?

Unless, what we're really talking about is TWO separate collections of material, the scraps of foil and un-burnable 'sticks' that
Mac Brazel found on his sheep-herding land, and something else reported to have been found by civilians near the northern
area of the Capitan mountain range the evening before the rancher's finding.

But can that be proven...? Could we be dealing with a misdirection ploy here?
It seemed that only later in the years that researchers became aware of the indication of a second interesting location and with
it, more players stepped up to offer what they said they knew.

Part of RAAF public information officer Walter Haut's press-release from Tuesday 8th July 1947. Dictated to him via telephone
from Colonel William Blanchard:

"...The flying object landed on a ranch near Roswell sometime last week.
Not having phone facilities, the rancher stored the disc until such time as he was able to contact the sheriff's office,
who in turn notified Maj. Jesse A. Marcel of the 509th Bomb Group Intelligence Office.

Action was immediately taken and the disc was picked up at the rancher's home. It was inspected at the Roswell
Army Air Field and subsequently loaned by Major Marcel to higher headquarters."

However, after Haut died, a sealed affidavit surfaced that didn't quite tally with what the Roswell Base information officer
first claimed.

Quote:DATE:  December 26, 2002
WITNESS:  Chris Xxxxxx
NOTARY:  Beverlee Morgan

(1) My name is Walter G. Haut
(2) I was born on June 2, 1922
(3)  My address is 1405 W. 7th Street, Roswell, NM 88203
(4)  I am retired.

(5)  In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public
Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private
residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.

(6)  I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by mid-morning after my return to duty
at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base
commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.

(7) By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site
just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.

(8) On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m.  Besides Blanchard,
Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses
S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard's boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his
chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance.

The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx.
75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. 
Samples of wreckage were passed around the table.  It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which
resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from
man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. 
Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. 
Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location.
Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed.
I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

(10) At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession
a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters.
I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.

(11) By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world.
Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home
and "hide out."

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located
on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside
and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. 

It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. 
Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic.  No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin.
Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features.
The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child.
At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.

(14) I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.

(15)  I was informed that the wreckage was not "hot" (radioactive).

(16)  Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey's office
and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out
of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.

(17) I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup.
 I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.

(18) I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.

(19)  I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space.

(20) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed:  Walter G. Haut
December 26, 2002

Signature witnessed by:
Chris Xxxxxxx
SOURCE:

This -if true, puts a different slant on why Brazel's discovery was focused on and why it was felt that General Ramey and Brig.
General Dubose had to fly out to Roswell on the day after the retrieval. Later, when the alleged debris was transported back
to Fort Worth, the images -that are now well known, don't even identify Dubose sitting with Ramey during an examination of
some material in the General's office!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9557]
General Ramey, Brig. General Dubose and the photo take from the Star-Telegraph newspaper.

This may seem odd at first until realising the problem of Brig. Gen. Thomas Jefferson Dubose reporting to have said to have
never actually seen the Roswell debris, which as the photo from the Star-Telegraph of Fort Worth, proves false.
That is, if we assume the debris in the photograph is the same material Mac Brazel found and Major Marcel brought to the Base.

As Dubose stated plainly in his affidavit:
"The material shown in the photographs taken in Maj. Gen. Ramey's office was a weather balloon. 
The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press."

This means the material taken to 'higher headquarters' could have been the more substantial unknown hardware retrieved from
the Capitan location and not appropriate material to display to the public. Added to that, what if part of that discovery needed
urgent medical assistance due to it still being alive? What if this crashed vehicle held occupants?!

So you can see why the media's attention had be kept on a curious tale of 'is-it-or-isn't-it' until such times that a downed disc
could be removed and taken to a place of security. This would make sense when Dubose also spoke of an earlier, highly secret
shipment of debris ordered by Gen. Clements McMullen (Deputy Commander of the Strategic Air Command) in Washington.

Dubose also added that a Benjamin Chidlaw, Commanding General of the Air Material Command at Wright Field [later Wright
Patterson AFB] would take possession of this material via a 'colonel courier' at a later date.

Still think it was a weather-balloon?!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion. - by BIAD - 06-27-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Mac Brazel & The Debris. An Opinion. - by BIAD - 06-27-2021, 04:48 PM