Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think one of the neighbors brought spirits to our building
(04-02-2021, 04:43 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: It is much harder to admit that there might be things in this world that we just don't understand than it is to close one's eyes to the possibility that we share this space with others. The stigma attached to anything paranormal, while lessening, is still too strong for many to speak out because of the fear of being labeled "crazy" and being ostracized by the community.

The majority of people do not begin to believe until they experience things that cannot be explained for themselves. I'm cool with that. I also am one of those people.  

Yep, my growing-up-time with my family allowed my sisters and myself to glimpse the occasional strange
experiences my mother endured. The old lady took it in her stride and so, it's natural for her family to do
the same.
Hence my easy-going attitude in discussing an event that I didn't even think interesting enough of adding
to my essay!

But it was only when I deliberately set my cap to ignore such phenomena and assume such acceptance is
a burden to growth and happiness in what we consider a 'normal world', that a 'weird' duel-existence became
standard for me.

Those around me would genuinely propose alternative -more 'sensible' reasons that one would see unusual
incidents through more 'magical' lenses and sometimes, this made sense to me.
I believed that adhering to this more-pragmatic view of reality could ensure the 'visitations' and the noisy
nightly arguments with invisible invaders that my mother dealt with, would never visit my door.

I now think that what I believe I felt wasn't ego-driven and had nothing personal to do with me.
It was just the phenomena doing its tasks and it was merely my time in the queue.
But I'll still keep one eye open!
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think one of the neighbors brought spirits to our building - by BIAD - 04-02-2021, 05:01 PM