Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Violence erupts after officer-involved shooting
Man, so many things going on here. I grew up in this area, I went to school about a block from where this happened. tinycrying

I also am the little brother to a sister that is a police officer here, so I can say for the first time (through all of the Ferguson type riots throughout the years) this hit waaay too damn close to home. The city is crumbling under poverty and un-employment, and it all starts with MPS.

Milwaukee Public School system is (and has been) a disaster. When I was growing up the only way I could get in a school that would actually teach me anything was to go to a "gifted and talented" school (like my older sis did). But to do that, you had to have good grades AND a recommendation from your teachers. So when I made it out of 5th grade and headed to middle school I had the "grades" down, but I had a 75 year old teacher who was on his last year before retirement who didn't remember to fill out the form.

So middle school comes around and I was stuck a few FEET from where this happened going to a school that only existed as a glorified day care for the neighborhood. Every day I was taunted and threatened for being one of the few "white guys" and it became so bad that I called it quits. My mom and dad had separated when I was a young kid and she lived about 300 miles north in the middle of nowhere. I said goodbye to my dad and moved in with her just to get away from the school.

Fast forward to nowadays, they have a voucher program so kids don't have to run away. They can just enroll in a school not in their area and that pretty much ensures failing schools and neighborhoods will continue their downfall.

This (I feel) is the biggest contributor to everything going on. Kids have no guidance, no supervision, no PARENTING, and most of all, nobody to tell them to knock it the F*&K off.

The gas station that got burnt down was at the heart of another incident where a group of out-of-control teens collected on the premises so the person working fired a warning shot in the air. That brought out BLM to protest that the shop worker "must have been racist and willing to kill black kids". Un-f'n believable.

Now this? It's the same as I commented in another thread no too far back, all of this is tragic and hopefully the facts come out. If the cop shot the kid running away than that cop will have to face the music. But at the end of the day, he was running away from a traffic stop after being ordered to stop, and he had a loaded STOLEN gun from a prior burglary in Wauwatosa (suburb of MKE). How does any of that scream "poor kid was just unemployed and frustrated".

What a scary thing to have next door tinyhuh tinycrying

Messages In This Thread
RE: Violence erupts after officer-involved shooting - by DuckforcoveR - 08-14-2016, 10:13 PM