Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political survival..... You & Family
(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: something happening that i haven't heard about? was working on little brothers house today, didn't take many breaks as i normally do. so i didn't get to check news feeds or forum.

in any case i have all that all the time, biggest thing i'm lacking is enough ammo for a couple of shootin irons. radios are just little cheapies that only pickup a couple of miles. so middle brother is SOL, but he's got his wife's family across the fields, so they can tuff it out there. 

serious though did i miss something.

Just a general unease, I think, the calm before the storm. Even the leftists around here started feeling it today. One of them told me "this is different now somehow, and I'm scared". Well shit, if they hadn't tried to cancel their opponents out of even their very existence, they wouldn't have to be scared now - but people generally take exception to their existence being cancelled, and act accordingly. They're starting to get a sense of that, at least at ground level. The politicians are probably pretty insulated from any natural feeling of it, so they and the harder core minions will likely keep pushing until something breaks.

The unease is all over, and growing.

Even the animals feel it, I think. There was a strange dog barking at something in my yard a while ago, and that caused me to have to go out and clear the area. There wasn't anything there, just The Feeling.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Political survival..... You & Family - by PLOTUS - 01-10-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by Wallfire - 01-10-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by Wallfire - 01-10-2021, 06:35 PM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by Ninurta - 01-11-2021, 02:17 AM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by drussell41 - 01-11-2021, 10:31 AM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by Wallfire - 01-11-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: Political survival..... You & Family - by Wallfire - 01-11-2021, 04:38 PM