Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political survival..... You & Family
I will start ..... It might be prudent to have an electric generator, and a form of communication. ie. a CB radio, A 2 Meter Ham handheld radio as Apple might collapse for a time and land lines be non-operational. Also a full tank of fuel for your vehicle. Blankets and food of course, that can be eaten out of the can cold, candy bars for sugar energy, and sturdy shoes and clothing. A weapon would not go amiss. Also, for what it might be worth, some cash, several hundred if possible, and maybe stored fuel
My forum friends, your suggestions please.....
Not to hijack Plotus' thread, but below is relevant under the heading.

Here in the UK, we're still battling the actual Government over protecting our families -and in this particular
case, possibly from members of that same household!!!
(Note: The House of Lords is a place where suggestions are debated before being moved towards the House
of Commons, where it is again debated the voted on.)

Quote:Spy Kids: New intelligence law allows CHILDREN to work as secret agents for local councils, anti-fraud bodies
and even the gambling watchdog - and even shop their own parents

*Police and security services among those who will be allowed to use under-18s 
*But many other public bodies are also on the list of those with permission
*They include local councils, Gambling Commission and Food Standards Agency

'Scores of Government bodies, the armed forces and even the gambling regulator will legally be allowed to use child spies
-including against their parents.

Police and the security services are among those who will be allowed to use under-18s as covert human intelligence sources
(CHIS) under 'exceptional circumstances' according to official documents. But guidance for the Covert Intelligence Bill, currently
going through the Lords, outlines other public bodies who will be allowed to employ them as undercover agents.

As well as police, MI5, MI6 and the National Crime Agency, they include the Gambling Commission, county and district councils,
the Environment Agency and the Food Standards Agency.

The document, which has been published online, prohibits those under 16 from being used to inform on their parents or guardians.
But it permits the use of older teenagers to be used against their own family under special circumstances.
'In other cases, authorisations should not be granted unless the special provisions, contained within the Juveniles Order are
satisfied,' it notes.

'A CHIS aged 16 or 17 years old should only be deployed to gather evidence against their parents or any person who has parental
responsibility for them where careful consideration has been given to whether the authorisation is justified in light of that fact.
In such instances the rationale must be documented by the public authority.'

Anne Longfield, the children's commissioner, called for the use of child spies to be banned. 
'I remain to be convinced that there is ever an appropriate situation in which a child should be used as a CHIS,' she told the Telegraph.
'This practice is not in the best interests of the child.'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8925]
Anne Longfield, the children's commissioner and Police, MI5, MI6 London headquarters.

The bill has already drawn heavy criticism as it passes through Parliament. In October Security Minister James Brokenshire was
forced to confirm adult undercover agents will not be given a 'licence to kill'. Several MPs raised concerns over the scope of the Bill
and the Government's unwillingness to specify a list of the limits in the legislation, which aims to protect undercover operatives from
prosecution if they are forced to break the law on operations.  

The senior minister assured the House that the bill's powers are contained in the Human Rights Act and include the right to life,
prohibition of torture, and prohibition of subjecting someone to inhuman or degrading treatment.

Today he said: 'Juvenile covert human intelligence sources are used very rarely and only where careful consideration has been given to
the welfare of the child. 'It may be necessary to help remove the child and other young and vulnerable people from the cycle of crime
that they are in. This includes helping to prevent and prosecute gang violence, drug dealing and the 'county lines' phenomenon which
all have a devastating impact on young people and communities.

'Their use is governed by a strict legal framework and is overseen by the Investigatory Powers Commissioner.
We are strengthening the safeguards which apply in the very rare cases that a child is tasked to participate in criminality to ensure
that their best interests are always a primary consideration in the decision making process.'

Keir Starmer [Labour Party Leader] also faced a Labour rebellion after he refused to allow MPs to vote against the law in the Commons.
He ordered his party to abstain instead, sparking the resignations, with 34 Labour MPs in total opposing it at its third reading...'
Archived Source:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
During the "Troubles" it was normal for the security forces to use young and teens as informants. It was also normal for the young informants to be "ratted out" if it gave an older informant more credibility. 
A lot of youngsters ended up getting a 9mm in the knees, some a black and decker drill and a few a red hot poker in the ass. 
This is not a game I want any kid to play
Indeed Great Britain must be a difficult place with very severe....uh..... education practices... I am sorry to hear that. Now I can see why the IRA existed ...yikes. We certainly havn't arrived at your level just quite yet....
(01-10-2021, 06:28 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Indeed Great Britain must be a difficult place with very severe....uh..... education practices... I am sorry to hear that. Now I can see why the IRA existed ...yikes. We certainly havn't arrived at your level just quite yet....

the IRA and UVF were all doing the same
Charging up my rechargeable batteries now. Have my solar powered flashlight charging in the sun along with my solar powered battery pack to recharge other rechargeable USB items.  

Canned food on hand     Check
Snacks on hand             Check
Water on hand               Check
Meds on hand                Check
Blankets                        Check
Candles/oil lamps           Check
Books to read                Check
Cat food                        Check
Ammo/gun                     Check
Cards to play games        Check
First Aid Kit                     Check
Heat source                    Check
Full gas tank                   Check
MW/SW Radio                 Check
Local Police/Fire Scanner  Check

Anything else I need?
Wink 
(01-10-2021, 08:11 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Charging up my rechargeable batteries now. Have my solar powered flashlight charging in the sun along with my solar powered battery pack to recharge other rechargeable USB items.  

Canned food on hand     Check
Snacks on hand             Check
Water on hand               Check
Meds on hand                Check
Blankets                        Check
Candles/oil lamps           Check
Books to read                Check
Cat food                        Check
Ammo/gun                     Check
Cards to play games        Check
First Aid Kit                     Check
Heat source                    Check
Full gas tank                   Check
MW/SW Radio                 Check
Local Police/Fire Scanner  Check

Anything else I need?

CAT food, Good Girl ..  GiantThumbsUp
Political Survival?

Be The Gray Man

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(01-10-2021, 04:42 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: I will start ..... It might be prudent to have an electric generator, and a form of communication. ie. a CB radio, A 2 Meter Ham handheld radio as Apple might collapse for a time and land lines be non-operational. Also a full tank of fuel for your vehicle. Blankets and food of course, that can be eaten out of the can cold, candy bars for sugar energy, and sturdy shoes and clothing. A weapon would not go amiss. Also, for what it might be worth, some cash, several hundred if possible, and maybe stored fuel

something happening that i haven't heard about? was working on little brothers house today, didn't take many breaks as i normally do. so i didn't get to check news feeds or forums.

in any case i have all that all the time, biggest thing i'm lacking is enough ammo for a couple of shootin irons. radios are just little cheapies that only pickup a couple of miles. so middle brother is SOL, but he's got his wife's family across the fields, so they can tuff it out there. 

serious though did i miss something.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: something happening that i haven't heard about? was working on little brothers house today, didn't take many breaks as i normally do. so i didn't get to check news feeds or forum.

in any case i have all that all the time, biggest thing i'm lacking is enough ammo for a couple of shootin irons. radios are just little cheapies that only pickup a couple of miles. so middle brother is SOL, but he's got his wife's family across the fields, so they can tuff it out there. 

Just a general unease, I think, the calm before the storm. Even the leftists around here started feeling it today. One of them told me "this is different now somehow, and I'm scared". Well shit, if they hadn't tried to cancel their opponents out of even their very existence, they wouldn't have to be scared now - but people generally take exception to their existence being cancelled, and act accordingly. They're starting to get a sense of that, at least at ground level. The politicians are probably pretty insulated from any natural feeling of it, so they and the harder core minions will likely keep pushing until something breaks.

The unease is all over, and growing.

Even the animals feel it, I think. There was a strange dog barking at something in my yard a while ago, and that caused me to have to go out and clear the area. There wasn't anything there, just The Feeling.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Here is a great link of free survival downloads to help flesh out your plans:
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2012/11/100-n...loads.html

For the record, I have not gone through every single one so I cannot attest to 100% veracity. The blog itself is really in-depth though and there are weeks worth of reading. 

It stems from what was experienced during the societal collapse in Argentina a few years back. I hope this helps your effort.

ETA: Here is one of the original blogposts from 2008 describing what happened and what was needed the first few days of their SHTF in 2001. 
http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2008/01/most-...-days.html
(01-11-2021, 02:17 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Just a general unease, I think, the calm before the storm. Even the leftists around here started feeling it today. One of them told me "this is different now somehow, and I'm scared". Well shit, if they hadn't tried to cancel their opponents out of even their very existence, they wouldn't have to be scared now - but people generally take exception to their existence being cancelled, and act accordingly. They're starting to get a sense of that, at least at ground level. The politicians are probably pretty insulated from any natural feeling of it, so they and the harder core minions will likely keep pushing until something breaks.

The unease is all over, and growing.

Even the animals feel it, I think. There was a strange dog barking at something in my yard a while ago, and that caused me to have to go out and clear the area. There wasn't anything there, just The Feeling.

i was kinda thinking that, folks worried about what's going to happen on the 20th or shortly after. just that Plotus post seemed like it  times running out hurry up to me when i first read it.

just to stir the pot a little bit and add a bit of meat. 

Quote:WASHINGTON — Authorities on Sunday announced the death of a 51-year-old Capitol Police officer. Two people familiar with the matter said the officer’s death was an apparent suicide. Officer Howard Liebengood had been assigned to the Senate Division and was with the department since 2005. He is the son of a former Senate sergeant-at-arms.
Capitol Police officer dies of apparent suicide; it’s not clear if his death is related to the riots
[Image: TWBB.png]

(01-11-2021, 03:06 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: i was kinda thinking that, folks worried about what's going to happen on the 20th or shortly after. just that Plotus post seemed like it  times running out hurry up to me when i first read it.

Don't set a date. It always sneaks up behind you while you are setting the date. Act like it's on you right now (because it already is), and you need to keep your eyes peeld to gauge just when it will finally reach for your neck.

Quote:just to stir the pot a little bit and add a bit of meat. 

Quote:WASHINGTON — Authorities on Sunday announced the death of a 51-year-old Capitol Police officer. Two people familiar with the matter said the officer’s death was an apparent suicide. Officer Howard Liebengood had been assigned to the Senate Division and was with the department since 2005. He is the son of a former Senate sergeant-at-arms.
Capitol Police officer dies of apparent suicide; it’s not clear if his death is related to the riots

Clintoncide?

(01-11-2021, 02:01 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:42 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: I will start ..... It might be prudent to have an electric generator, and a form of communication. ie. a CB radio, A 2 Meter Ham handheld radio as Apple might collapse for a time and land lines be non-operational. Also a full tank of fuel for your vehicle. Blankets and food of course, that can be eaten out of the can cold, candy bars for sugar energy, and sturdy shoes and clothing. A weapon would not go amiss. Also, for what it might be worth, some cash, several hundred if possible, and maybe stored fuel

something happening that i haven't heard about? was working on little brothers house today, didn't take many breaks as i normally do. so i didn't get to check news feeds or forums.

@"hounddoghowlie" , there has been lots of chatter among some people that know people in high office who have told us to get ready for maybe two weeks of internet outage. It's possible that the power could go off to, not real sure about that, but best to be prepared. 
During this time, arrests will be taking place (of the bad guys) using the military. They are setting up large generators in D.C. right now, so they must be expecting something.  They are putting up security fencing, and the Ronald Regan Intl Airport has been closed down. It's a no fly zone over most of DC. 
Something is about to happen.  When?  Word is it could be as soon as this week. 
Nancy is supposed to start her impeachment process in the House tomorrow. If Pence agrees, Pres. Trump could be gone by tomorrow night. If he doesn't, then Nancy will have to wait on the Senate to vote, but they won't return from "vacation" until Jan. 19.  
Interesting times ahead.

P.S. President Trump will be communicating with people through the Emergency Broadcast System to let everyone know what's going on if/when the internet goes down. 
Check your phones and make sure the alert system is turned on. Apple just sent out updates that turn it off, but most people aren't aware of that. 
President Trump has been kicked off Twitter, and big tech is going after Parler, one of the platforms where Conservatives were moving to. The Deep State is desperate to keep the President from speaking to the American people. They don't want him telling the People the truth.
I'm no prophet, just seen  a lot of re-runs in my 69 years. The logical tactic is to wait until inauguration day to go full anarchy or revolution as that is the point of No Return for the Democrats. It is a certainty that pandemonium Will occur. Make no mistake, the Republicans will not let it stand. It is what it is.... that simple... I wish it were otherwise but the Heart of America is at stake, indeed security in the entire World scene. 

This is no short lived hiccup, it is perceived as a life and death future to a vast many, with much to lose, worth the fight as many see it. 
I was a soldier in Vietnam.... war is not something we want to endure again. 

Everything could turn on a dime, just be safe and prepared and remember the season.... Winter....
(01-11-2021, 12:31 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Political Survival?

Be The Gray Man

That is good advice for more normal times as well.  Blend in and don't be seen.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(01-11-2021, 03:51 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"hounddoghowlie" , there has been lots of chatter among some people that know people in high office who have told us to get ready for maybe two weeks of internet outage. It's possible that the power could go off to, not real sure about that, but best to be prepared. 
During this time, arrests will be taking place (of the bad guys) using the military. They are setting up large generators in D.C. right now, so they must be expecting something.  They are putting up security fencing, and the Ronald Regan Intl Airport has been closed down. It's a no fly zone over most of DC. 
Something is about to happen.  When?  Word is it could be as soon as this week. 
Nancy is supposed to start her impeachment process in the House tomorrow. If Pence agrees, Pres. Trump could be gone by tomorrow night. If he doesn't, then Nancy will have to wait on the Senate to vote, but they won't return from "vacation" until Jan. 19.  
Interesting times ahead.

P.S. President Trump will be communicating with people through the Emergency Broadcast System to let everyone know what's going on if/when the internet goes down. 
Check your phones and make sure the alert system is turned on. Apple just sent out updates that turn it off, but most people aren't aware of that. 
President Trump has been kicked off Twitter, and big tech is going after Parler, one of the platforms where Conservatives were moving to. The Deep State is desperate to keep the President from speaking to the American people. They don't want him telling the People the truth

Is there some way to verify that airport is closed?  

Pretty alarming stuff.
Just remember, if the tables were turned around. Like the months of north west coast occupation, no police zones, fire, burning,  destruction, looting, murder. 
But the world is not fair.
YET...

Kindness it the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.... Mark Twain
(01-11-2021, 03:51 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: YET...
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Kindness it the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see....
Kindness is seen as a good thing, but how many times has kindness killed people.
Good kills, Evil kills, what a crap world we have