Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks Like I'm Gonna Have To Bite The Bullet
(12-30-2020, 10:02 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Best of luck to you!

My mom is 82, and you can't keep her bolted down to the house. Always keeping the roads hot. She caught the 'rona since she can't keep her ass at home, and her husband caught it, too. They just came out of quarantine this past Saturday, and she's already looking for excuses to get back on the road again!

Her old man's temperature ran up to 103 for a day or so, but for the most part the only symptoms they had was loss of appetite and lethargy for a few days. If you ask me, lethargy ought to be a normal part of life at 82, but you can't convince her of that!

So, good luck and don't sweat it too much - it sounds to be like something of a tempest in a teapot going by her description of what it's like to catch it in a high-risk group.

thanks, glad to hear they got over it. being in your 80's and getting it with out much problems means they must be tuff.

and i got a couple of aunts that way, always burning up the roads and never stop.

my mom was fairly active before this. she had a part time job to keep her mind from messing with her since my dad died. she would drive herself to work, shopping, visting friends and such where the traffic wasn't bad and she knew the land marks. this area is growing fast and their building all over the place and that messed her up some, can't find the old land marks. i told her, the roads the same just more stuff on it.

she got furloughed, from work and then she had to have eye surgery, is another reason i have to drive her. she got that taken care and they called her back to start in jan. she works at a hospital, and she misses it and all her co workers. everybody there loves her to death from the CEO down to the hosue keeping people, and the love they showed her and us when my dad died was unbelievable. she wants to go back but still has reservations about it.

can't really blame her.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks Like I'm Gonna Have To Bite The Bullet - by drussell41 - 12-30-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: Looks Like I'm Gonna Have To Bite The Bullet - by hounddoghowlie - 12-30-2020, 10:33 PM