Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The First Christmas.
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse; that's how
Clement Clark Moore's poem begins. But have any of you ever pondered on what really happened on that unique evening
before the advent of the Christ?

Throughout the ages, theologians and scholars have attempted to piece together the logistics of how the scene we call
'The Nativity' came about and what forces were available to create such a singular circumstance.

Here on Rogue Nation, we not only have the answers, we actually have the characters who witnessed the delivery and those
attended a small incident that changed the world forever.

But I think you'll need a little background information to explain how these people ended-up spectating the birth and may I add,
creatures did stir and it was a dilapidated barn, not a house.

Boy In A Dress told me most of it and any gaps were kindly filled-in by Ninurta. This was convenient considering both are the main
characters in this story. Someone called 'Tibbs' is also referenced and from what I could understand, he was the brains-of-the-outfit.
Not such a lofty position in view of the company considering Ninurta's fondness for violence and Boy In A Dress' weakness to wander
from 'on-the-ground' reality.

Tibbs is a small humanoid who -dressed in a hooded robe and sporting thick-lens spectacles, travelled the many universes with an
agenda based on jurisdiction and an agreed historical timeline. Apparently, certain civilisations were supposed to do this and other
worlds were supposed to do that, I'd suppose one would wager all this would be written down somewhere.

Multiple variables are taken into consideration and I was given the impression that particular futures were mapped out by...
well someone, to make sure a plan for a cosmos arrived at a specific point in time that was universally beneficial to all involved.
Whatever that means!

Tibbs' tasks were to keep order and drive development for the betterment of these complex and ever-changing macrocosms.
Which may explain why -when Ninurta and the Man-Girl first met the almost-three-foot tall, always-serious control-freak, the
little male had just finished constructing a weapon to shoot God!

But I'm getting off track and I've just remembered something else that may be important. Tibbs is also known as a 'Vithian' and
after many hours on the internet, I'm still at a loss to relate more on what that means.
Maybe he comes from the planet Vith...? I dunno.

But what I do know -after some research, is that the three of them were in a craft traversing space and this was where Tibbs' scrutiny
of some device caused the trio to slip back in time. Oh... there was a ship cat too, but that green-furred animal remained on the vessel
called 'The Spint'.

I think that's it for now... so let's get on with the tale. This story means no offence to anyone with a religious bent and should be taken
in a entertaining aspect with its only goal to lighten one's day.
Thank you to Ninurta who helped in creating the account and I suppose, thank you to the lunatic we call 'BIAD'.

The First Christmas.

"Oops" said Tibbs and attempted to quickly crank the amulet's outer edging clock-wise. But it was too late. Ninurta had time to turn
his head and BIAD looked up from picking at his dress hem as the device sounded it's singular click. The ship's cat managed to get
under the pilot's seat just as the white-blue flash occurred.
They were gone.

The Sprint continued it's programmed course, but now without any human occupants. Sasquatch's green fur rippled from under the
seat with a confused fear at the sudden disappearance and as the craft's mechanisms ticked and flashed their coloured bulbs,
the eyes of the feline named after a legendary Earth-ape, gave nothing away of what it was thinking.

"It's snowing" chirped Boy In A Dress and looked around in the cold darkness, Ninurta panned the barrel of his pistol around and
during the scanning of the surrounding gloom, his hand grabbed Tibbs's shoulder and jerked him close.

"Okay little man, what did you do?" the grizzled Gunslinger hissed and lifted the Vithian up onto his tip-toes, the gunman's eyes
flitting from right to left. The bare-legged hermaphrodite who announced the state of the weather moved to cover his compadre's
rear and the unusual group stood in a survey postition of a North-South-East posture, they were ready for whatever was going
to happen.

Tibbs struggled with the robe's collar digging into his throat, so it was only a choking rasp that answered Ninurta.
"Amulet... damaged tracer... time-slip" Tibbs coughed out and theorising that the little man's cheeks above the snow-flecked beard
were turning bright scarlet due to his stanglehold, Ninurta unceremoniously dumped Tibbs into the foot-deep whiteness.
The Gunman's attention went back to the blackness of the situation and what crazy shit they were involved with this time.

BIAD shook his head dog-like to cause a sprinkle of snow to add to the half-hearted flurry that loomed from the night sky.
Accepting his fate in his usual manner, the Man-Girl also stuck his tongue out to catch an icy flake. If he was wondering
what to do next -just like the verdant cat back on The Sprint, there was no indication.

The prone Tibbs swept snow from his robes and tried to do it with some dignity, Ninurta's appetite for rough discourse was
something he'd been warned about long ago and something he'd learned to endure. The irony of having the power to assist
civilisation and fail miserably when it came to the six-foot-tall man of the woods wasn't lost on him as he wiped his spectacles
clean.

Peerng up towards the subject of his musings, the Vithian realised something had caught Ninurta's attention and so, followed
the pistol-pointing Gunman's gaze to a faint glow that winked from far off.

"It was an anomaly with the Tracer Ring..." Tibbs snipped and moaned softly as he got to his feet. "... the bauble must have
taken some damage during one of your destructive treks". Tibbs fished about in his pocket and brought the shiny object out
into the frosty air.

Ignoring the small man's sarcastic comments and the revealed-instrument of their current dilemma, the creature with the flimsy
red attire and matching footwear leaned slightly forward as he also noticed the faint light. As Tibbs explained how the band of
three odd people had probably had passed through something he named a 'time-mesh', BIAD whispered to Ninurta
"You think it's a torch?"

The hunter-eyes of the tall man slitted against the wind-driven flurry of snow and his lips became thin lines as he responded
with "a lantern... maybe".

The small bearded man -realising his elucidation was being wasted to the blizzard and his less-academic partners, sighed and
squinted down at the amulet. Producing a small object from his other pocket, Tibbs shone a tight beam of light onto the face
of the broach and pondered where he and his friends were in time.
It took only a minute.

"You can put the gun away -Mr. Ninurta... you have nothing to fear tonight" Tibbs offered with confidence.
Putting the jewellery away, he suddenly turned to shuffle off towards the blinking light. BIAD looked up at his taller friend and
tilted his head to show his confusion.
Ninurta offered a toothy grin and shrugged his shoulders. "Come on Boy, let's see what craziness lies ahead" he whispered with
the nearest the Gunslinger could muster as enthusiasm.

Three sets of tracks showed their passage, a small shoe with a dragging coat, a large footprint with a long stride and odd-looking
high-heel mark that occasionally indicated that the owner was hopping and possibly being silly in the snow.
(To Be Continued)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by guohua - 12-21-2020, 09:39 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 10:48 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by BIAD - 12-21-2020, 11:55 PM
RE: The First Christmas. - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-22-2020, 01:11 PM