Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision?
(12-17-2020, 03:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
Quote:"The U.S. needs a national strategy for the promotion of COVID-19 vaccines that unites the urgency and commitment of Operation Warp Speed with innovative behavioral science and social marketing approaches to increase COVID-19 vaccine confidence and acceptance in diverse populations," she says.
The recommended strategies are:
  • Make the vaccine free and easily accessible.
  • Make access to valued settings conditional on getting vaccinated.
  • Use public endorsements from trusted leaders to increase uptake.
  • Provide priority access to people who sign up to get vaccinated before vaccines are widely available.
  • Transform individual vaccination decisions into a public act.
The researchers also recommend the formation of a national entity similar to Operation Warp Speed to steer federal COVID-19 vaccine promotion efforts. "This entity should include scientists from multiple disciplines (epidemiology, vaccine science, behavioral science, social marketing, communications) as well as vaccine program delivery experts," says Buttenheim. "The team should represent a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response."

Outside of the first recommendation, the rest are very disconcerting. The highlighted section is a huge red flag to me.

How any of those can be considered appropriate or rightful to even be established, is down right scary. 

My doctor told me yesterday if I refused the vaccine, even with my allergy history, I would not be able to fly on an airplane again in the future. I told him that I have seen all the places I wish to see, and have no problem with road trips.

Our numbers may be few, but I am definately a member of the Dig In Your Heels club. The harder they push, the harder I will resist.

Ditto. Been stubborn like that all my life, which may be the only reason I am still here in this world.

I read their list of "recommended strategies" and though "really? that's the best these great minds can do?" because there is nothing in it that would even approach inducing me to get vaccinated.

Can't get on a plane? So what? My flying days are over anyhow. They were over long ago, when TSA started backing lines up to search your ass. I have better things to do with my time than wait in a line to have my nail clippers confiscated, so I've not been on a plane since, and will likely never again be on one anyhow.

Free vaccine? Yay! Yawn. I wouldn't drink strychnine if they gave it to me free, so what makes them thing I'd take a free shot just because it was free?

Public endorsements from "trusted leaders"? Another yawn. Since when have ANY leaders been trustworthy? Besides, both Biden and Harris have already told us that any vaccine developed under the Trump administration, which this was, will kill you dead and then cause you to bear two headed children, How the hell are they gonna overcome that scandalous endorsement to the negative? Just say "Oh, it's ok now, cause we're president, and the vaccine is magically safe now, because we ran it through unicorn crap to sterilize it!"?

Priority access? To a kill chute? Seriously? What the hell are they thinking?

They can't make my decision any more public than I already have. That's just not a do-able thing for them, so that one means jack-crap in the grand scheme of things.

The highlighted area IS a bit worrisome. I no longer trust "scientists" since the globalist have so blatantly politicized the majority of them. so that means jack-crap too, as far as convincing me goes. "Depoliticizing" the vaccine by representing "a spectrum of political views to depoliticize pandemic response." won't work on me, either. They are already doing that with their BidenHarris "come together, right now, over me" kumbaya message, and all I do is look at the RINOs they got to push that message on the TV and say "kiss my ass you traitorous bastard", although I do occasionally switch up to "get thee behind me, Satan... you traitorous bastard" too. I can't see my response to a broad-political-spectrum vaccine promotion propaganda campaign being much different to that.

So, for us Luddite types, they really ain't got nothin' to extract our heels from the dirt mounds those heels are digging.

I am no man's guinea pig, nor will I ever stand still on purpose to let someone stab me.

Not gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-17-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-17-2020, 02:05 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-17-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Ninurta - 12-17-2020, 07:55 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-17-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-17-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-18-2020, 12:05 AM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-18-2020, 09:00 AM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 12:35 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 12:48 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-18-2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-18-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-18-2020, 05:41 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 02:11 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by drussell41 - 12-19-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Public Shaming/Praise for Vaccine Decision? - by Wallfire - 12-19-2020, 02:28 PM