Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some will not forget
(11-19-2020, 02:56 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

They don't grasp BIG PICTURE or LONG VIEW.  Those tools weren't really taught, even in the old days, but I'd wager they're almost hidden now.  Using perspective is a powerful tool.

Cheers

It is slightly comforting to monitor certain young voices that exist on social media, ones who can be distinguished
from the overwhelming cacophony of noise and who offer reasonable discourse on many subjects.
As these people grow older, their 'radical' opinions erode -oddly enough, as their physical age progresses.

I always recall the idea that every generation of youngsters take on the mantle of J.M. Barrie's 'Lost Boys' in
the novel Peter Pan. Whether it's walking the streets of a capital or using accusing insults on the internet,
there's always a 'Captain Hook' in power to fight against.

Joining in a group (tribe) is comforting.

The big picture -if you can recall for a standard male, is whether your peers have respect for your opinions and if
females see you as attractive. I'd guess these goals would be similar for females.
Anything else in regards of identification in the male/female situation is merely a misunderstood manner of plumage
display and insecurity of self.

With these concerns of self-discovery and aspirations to reach the accepted objectives of a mature person, any long
term view on the world of political tides would be understandably seen through a misted lens.

I agree with you that such lessons and tools to deal with the many nuances of life are rare these days and if blame
is to be placed, I'd suspect the parents, who may have lost these skills when they enjoyed the lonely experience of
using the internet.

We're a long way from the shore we used to know!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Some will not forget - by 727Sky - 11-19-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 12:44 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Minstrel - 11-19-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Wallfire - 11-19-2020, 10:20 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-19-2020, 06:28 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Some will not forget - by F2d5thCav - 11-19-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by BIAD - 11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by PLOTUS - 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Some will not forget - by Ninurta - 11-20-2020, 01:21 AM