Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sean Connery has left the building.
(11-01-2020, 05:44 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: ...Rest in peace, Sean Connery. You were my favorite Bond. 

He was my best King Richard!
I laughed my ass off when he appeared in 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves' as the legendary Lion-heart.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8543]

The truth of the matter is that King Richard spent only a few months in England and was actually French!
When he wasn't on his Crusades, he enjoyed France and saw England as is his cash-cow.

During a journey to his first crusade, The pope asked him to sack Sicily and due to some malarkey that involved
money and duplicity, he had to return to France on a difficult and dangerous route through Europe.

Then, being captured because he gave a highly-decorative ring to a peasant boy in order to buy food with it,
Leopold of Austria and later, the Holy Roman Emperor Henry VI held him for ransom.
Meanwhile back in England, Richard's brother -John, was supposed to collect the money from the English
population for Richard's release.

But being so powerful during his brother's absence, John dragged his heels on solving the situation (Hence
the Robin Hood connection) and it was Richard's mother -Eleanor of Aquitaine who eventually acquired the
funds from England's Lords and noblemen.
(She kept an eye on John after that!)

To cut a long story short, King Richard was an asshole and never lived-up to the legend that came later,
nor did he meet Sean Connery's prowess as the guy in the forest who hailed "Hold" at Robin and Marion's
wedding.

Oddly enough, the reality was the English peasantry loved him, probably because of his absence!
minusculethumbsup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Sean Connery has left the building. - by PLOTUS - 10-31-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by beez - 10-31-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by BIAD - 10-31-2020, 03:47 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by Sol - 10-31-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by BIAD - 10-31-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Sean Connery has left the building. - by BIAD - 11-01-2020, 11:57 AM