Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains?
(10-31-2020, 04:11 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 06:01 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Fascinating reading....sent to me by a friend.https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f998...a2dc813d3d

I think this is just another example of how the media and the internet manipulates us into believing half truths as concrete facts.

The first question I have is what makes the Boomer brain any different from any other brain? Since Boomers spend less time on the internet than children and teens, why would their brains be the only brains affected? If children and teens are being affected at all, why are they singling out the Boomer brain in this article?

I can guarantee you the son and father discussed in the article would be disagreeing on something else if the internet did not exist. 

I have worked with the elderly for many years before I became one. One thing that is highly noticed but ill defined, is our change in personality. When you reach a certain age you just don't put as much value on agreeing with people. I guess after so many years of going along to get along, you just want to say "pock it!" (There is a story about that expletive, that goes back 47 years, I may share it one day. )

Sometimes us old folk just want to be contrary and quarrelsome, it gets our juices flowing, I guess. Now as far as the internet being a black hole of disinformation, well, at least they are being honest about that. And I can assure that it is sucking in far less Boomers than any other group they wish to identify or label.

If they were completely honest, they would have admitted that their article was a fine example of the black hole, and the sucking sound, that may be beyond your ability to hear, is the sound of being sucked into that hole, one more time.

Reply filled with common sense.

minusculebeercheers

Putting everyone in the same basket is often times a deed of the medias. We're not from the same basket. None of us are. But they want us to believe that we are. Thinking differently, like you just did is magical to me.

There was once a teacher (in Marlon Brando's class) that asked the kids (Marlon Brando included) to behave like chickens that have just heard that a nuclear bomb was about to obliterate them all. The whole class started acting like freaked out chickens, running in circles in a panic. Marlon Brando just stayed there, pretending to lay an egg. When the teacher asked him what the hell he was doing, why wasn't he reacting like his fellow classmates, Brando just answered: "I'm a chicken, what do I know about bombs?!?!?"

Common sense. Wish I could rate you more than a +2 on this one...
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 08:42 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Wallfire - 10-31-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: What Is The Internet Doing To Boomers’ Brains? - by Sol - 10-31-2020, 11:52 PM