Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . .
(11-04-2020, 11:45 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: This drivel isn't fit for its own thread so this is as good a place as any. It is what is, as the king would pontificate. You guys tore it up and I'm prepared to admit that this is what America wants. I'm appalled and amazed, but not surprised. Congratulations and I hope you are the patriots you all claim to be.
     I have to share that I am shattered. Not because a Republican won, but rather because this thug did. No reflection on you folk, by the by. I found many of you fun and a few of you actually quite charming. You know who you are (-;
   Anyways, be well kids. Take care of the old girl, polish her torch from time to time and keep a jaundiced eye on those Trumps. They may seem like a means to an end, but they're quite dangerous. It's all in your hands now.
   I have slipped down the path of the Apolitical and will make the best of the faculties I have remaining. Now go get Covid under wraps because you have loved ones and this shit is real as well as so I can use my Passport for something other than a coaster.
  I know I aggravated some of you, but it was all in an effort to create some introspection towards my point  of view and yank some content from your souls.
    Okay, I'm either off to get a Peleton and join the vapid self involved set or force my cats to walk on a leash. Thinking the fotmer? Anyways, you guys were a hoot. Enjoy your win and make your new country shine, shine, shine. I will be of licking my wounds and crying. Just kidding. I'll be burning down my cycle! Gonna spin the bearings off this bitch.        Your old pal, Antisthenes

I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Grace.

See, she has been generally out of sorts all day long because "Biden has won". You are upset because "Trump has won".

Fact is, NEITHER has won yet. Neither one. The results have been seesawing for 24 hours now, with no end in sight and apparently litigation in the offing.

SO - what I've told Grace, and what I am telling you, is: "it ain't over until the fat lady sings". We're going to be in for weeks, if not months, of this. Buckle up, baby, this is gonna be a hell of a ride! And don't worry - I have your back if Evil Orange Stormtroopers come knocking... but I have to wonder who has mine if it goes the other way? I can't spring for a Peleton, so I'll probably just go down to the parts store and get some wheel bearings to sit around on my ass and spin by hand all day.

It's the simple things in life, isn't it?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . . - by Ninurta - 11-05-2020, 01:57 AM