Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . .
(11-03-2020, 08:19 AM)Freija Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 01:01 AM)Ninurta Wrote: What Freja [sic] seems not to understand is that them fellas have no intention of "saving our democracy", since they view the Republic as a Constitutional Republic as it was founded rather than a Democracy as it was not. They intend to save the Republic, and give nary a shit about any democracies. They subscribe to the Founding Fathers' notion that a democracy is just two wolves and one sheep voting on what is for dinner. They believe that folks who actually live in Democracies should see to their own governments, but the notion does not apply in the US.

I’ve contended all along that I’m not politically very smart but isn’t sticking to the ideas set forth in the constitution as a Constitutional Republic and not as a straight democracy meant to avoid mob rule and are you saying we should do something other than follow the constitution?

Go easy on me. I’m not that bright or educated which you would think would put me in the tRUMP camp but doesn’t.

Ninurta Wrote:Did you notice any examples in that post of "Don the Con" (name-calling is indicative of a loss of argument- folks do it when they have no more substance to impart))

Maybe you misinterpreted? “Don the Con” was meant as total disrespect for a pompous, misogynistic, disgusting, unqualified and undignified pussy grabbing narcissistic egomaniacal reality TV playing blowhard. I wasn’t arguing anything – I was expressing an opinion.

Ninurta Wrote:…actually DOING anything "fascist" rather than just CALLING him fascist? There is a huge difference there - one is objective reality (when examples can be provided) and the other is just more foot-stomping, name-calling fear... now myself, I didn't notice any examples of actions to back up the accusation, just unsubstantiated accusation...

Being cognizant of invoking Godwin’s Law, this surge of flag waving populism or nationalism or whatever you call it and the cult like following of the man as if he were the second coming scares the living daylights out of me and is dangerously reminiscent of what ended Wiemar Republic by a certain cropped mustache individual that can go without further mention. As member of an unpopular minority, perhaps you can imagine my concerns?

I get it. People were tired of politics as usual and wanted to shake things up and try something different but electing what amounts to a WWE wrestling star with a big mouth, a bad comb over and a Twitter account was an experiment that has run its course and I fear another four years of this low brow clown show will be the end of this country as I’ve known it during my nearly sixty-six trips around the sun.

I am not the raging radical left or a libtard as anyone not aboard the trump train would like to believe but the country has gone backwards and our international reputation sullied under the reign of the Orange Emperor Palpatine and even if Sleepy Joe is not my ideal candidate, he got my vote anyway. #nevertrumpersrule

In all honesty, I am a simple person that has always been more of a single issue voter. I know very little about economics or foreign policy (other than stop fighting wars and being dickheads) and could even be a Republican were it not for the evangelical influence in their conservative policies.

I think everyone need to stand back and drink some very hot coffee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . . - by Wallfire - 11-03-2020, 08:31 AM