Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . .
(11-02-2020, 02:01 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Freija   ... "Depending on sources, there's around 200 armed militias. Think Proud Boys, Boogaloo bois, 3%'ers and every larping so called "Patriot" group and militia out there with trigger fingers itching for a civil war is gonna lose their shit in some misguided attempt to "save our democracy" somehow entirely missing that another four more years of Don the Con's fascist leadership via Twitter is the last thing this country needs"

But we will be that sure'nuff plumb'dumb good'ol boy folk you abhor And we Will not go quietly

What Freja seems not to understand is that them fellas have no intention of "saving our democracy", since they view the Republic as a Constitutional Republic as it was founded rather than a Democracy as it was not. They intend to save the Republic, and give nary a shit about any democracies. They subscribe to the Founding Fathers' notion that a democracy is just two wolves and one sheep voting on what is for dinner. They believe that folks who actually live in Democracies should see to their own governments, but the notion does not apply in the US.

Did you notice any examples in that post of "Don the Con" (name-calling is indicative of a loss of argument - folks do it when they have no more substance to impart) actually DOING anything "fascist" rather than just CALLING him fascist? There is a huge difference there - one is objective reality (when examples can be provided) and the other is just more foot-stomping, name-calling fear... now myself, I didn't notice any examples of actions to back up the accusation, just unsubstantiated accusation...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: My prediction for the election and what comes after. . . . . . . - by Ninurta - 11-03-2020, 01:01 AM