Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix "Cuties" Backlash
I agree with you. I believe we all see the world through the eyes of our own personal experiences. We choose what we believe, based on how it relates to our own reality, and we reject, sometimes feverishly, that which does not fit, or makes us too uncomfortable. 

It is a constant challenge for me to keep my own personal prejudices at bay. I cannot be very effective if I can't see past what I have come to accept as right, wrong, good or bad. It sounds like a cliche, but I have to judge strictly what is law, what is outside the law, and how wide is the gap. 

Working with people that are considered victims or suspects, opens me up to a huge variety of possibilities. It is because of this that I am grateful that I am not the one that has to judge. I deal in the raw facts, sometimes right down to the cellular level. It can be uncomfortable for all, but personal beliefs and feelings can be great challenges, especially when children and the elderly are involved. 

All things are not what they seem. All things are not the same for all. Many things we think of as good, is bad for some. It is impossible to not be affected by that which is outside of what is familiar, or outside of what we have been taught to be right or wrong. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am not the judge, nor am I the juror. 

Since every case I am involved with, has the potential of being tried in a court, due diligence is a constant. There is no room for what I believe, even though it is common for me to be asked for my "opinion", it carries little weight in a courtroom, and is used in an attempt connect with the jury and to assist them in making a decision based on what they can connect with.

Even then the judge will remind them they are to base their decision on strictly the evidence provided and the law. That is why outcomes are confusing and difficult for people to understand, in some cases. It is easy for people to make judgement calls when they are dealing with public opinion, it can be nauseatingly difficult to make that call when you can only go by the "facts" provided.

Just another example of how something can be very good for one, and horribly bad for another. 

Children are affected by the world they live in. Once that world was limited to a couple of miles or blocks, that is no longer the case. As it has been said, there is no putting that genie back into the bottle.

Like you said, "It's up to us to change that....!"

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by Mystic Wanderer - 09-10-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by xuenchen - 09-10-2020, 11:24 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by ABNARTY - 09-11-2020, 02:28 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by MisterSpock - 09-11-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by MisterSpock - 09-11-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by drussell41 - 09-11-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by PLOTUS - 09-13-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-13-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Netflix "Cuties" Backlash - by drussell41 - 09-12-2020, 03:18 PM