Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Hit Piece on President Trump
(09-06-2020, 01:56 PM)Sol Wrote: I gotta say it.

I never fully understood American politics and the solemn belief in being a patriot while holding one's party into a do or die scenario. I'm right, you're wrong being the motto, no matter which party the patriot is in.

We have 'patriots' here in Eastern Canada that have mimicked your way of political thinking. They are right and the rest of Canada is filled with idiots, peasants and assholes.

No one will ever agree that it doesn't matter which party is in power. You get the short end of the stick no matter who is. But it's much better playing the 'I'm right / you're wrong' game. It makes THEM right, all the time, even though THEY're wrong, master bullshit artists and corrupt pieces of trash.

Why politics will never change. Ever. It's way too easy to divide people. Way too easy.

Just an opinion, out of context and off topic, please ignore.

/end spasms

I MAY have been like that at one time, but not any more.

I come from a long line of Republicans and Horse Thieves. Around 1991 or 92, I suddenly realized that the Republicans weren't "Republican" any more. They had been taken over by the Neocons, who are closet Marxists. I could no longer detect any discernible difference between Republicans and Democrats, which left me in a quandary... so I renounced my connections to the Republican party. I didn't leave them, they left me.

I'm more of the Libertarian persuasion these days, a Conservative Libertarian, which I believe there are not many of any more. I don't toe the Libertarian Party line, mostly because I don't think there really is one - we're all over the political map, and the only real commonality I can find is a "keep yer grubby mits off my shit" attitude. Even then, there is a difference of opinion between the Liberal and Conservative sorts of just what constitutes "MY shit".

So, I'm kinda in a political limbo, and don't even really have a party line to get behind. I just know what I do and don't want.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Wallfire - 09-06-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-06-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Ninurta - 09-06-2020, 08:20 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-07-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-07-2020, 01:46 AM