Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Hit Piece on President Trump
(09-06-2020, 06:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 09:57 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
Quote: Everyone who was actually there, including some of Trump's enemies like Neocon John Bolton, have flatly stated that he said no such thing, despite the reports from "anonymous sources". I never trust anonymous sources for anything...  

And so it goes with this stuff. Facts DO matter....

I didn't hear that," Bolton told The New York Times. "I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion."

He did not say that Trump NEVER said it. He just didn't hear it.

Touche. True enough, that is the facts. It is also the facts that the ONLY reports come from "anonymous sources", and you probably know as well as I do how easily those can be manufactured out of thin air, which is why I don't trust them. If no one had the testicular fortitude to come out and say who they are, that they heard this, and how they heard this, I can give no credence to the report whatsoever. It is fairly clear that your mileage may vary, and I'm ok with that. I'm not here to tell you how to think, or what to believe. I can only make those decisions for myself.

I must say, Sir,
your magnanimity has surprised and touched me. I appreciate and respect your fairness in regards to our discourse.

And I want to say I concur with your assessment. I'm an older woman and as such, a bit gun shy. I've come to the position that the maxims of if it "quacks like a duck' and "where there's smoke" always applies, and because of the fact, I become circumspect.

So at times and without additional facts, I will conject based on previously acquired knowledge and my perceptions. I certainly don't need to list those things because they're general knowledge as they come directly from the source, him and his words.

Trumps contempt is obvious and to his actual credit, there is nothing obtuse about him. Given this information, I have made the leap that I believe these sources assertions. I also believe that those that should come to his aid, haven't done so and with some sincere cause I may add.

He is after all the most powerful man in the world and as such can be dangerous to anyone he percieves as enemies. Consequently, Mattis and Kelly saying nothing, in my mind speaks absolute volumes.

Your perception of course may be different, but in no way do they invalidate mine.
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Antisthenes - 09-06-2020, 08:32 AM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Wallfire - 09-06-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-06-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-07-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: Another Hit Piece on President Trump - by Sol - 09-07-2020, 01:46 AM