Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(08-04-2020, 12:39 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:43 AM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 07:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm a Conservative as conservatives were 200 years ago. We don't care who you are, or what we can get from you or make you do. We are content to live our lives, and for you to live yours, as each of us see fit to do.

Forget Conservative, that's just the best type of Mindset period, and exactly how I see the World, just from the other side!

I knew I liked you @"Ninurta" 

minusculebeercheers

It's why I'm an anomaly, a throwback, an anachronism. "Conservative" and "Liberal" are not polar opposites, at least in the Classic sense. "Conservatives" want to keep things as they were, i.e. "Conserve" the status quo. "Liberals", in a classic sense, are all about "liberty", the very root of their label.

Once upon a time, Liberty WAS the status quo, and that is what classic Conservatives AND Classic Liberals want to get back to.

Somewhere along the line, Marxist ideology got injected into the mix, and "Liberal" became synonymous with "anything goes", which it did not originally denote.

The polar opposite of "conservative" is actually "progressive", which nowadays means the same thing as "Marxist". That, in combination with the above thought, is why Liberals have a bad name among Conservatives, and are thought of as the opposition.

It was not always so.

Old school Conservative and Liberal makes a lot of sense to me, there seems to be plenty of common ground and none of that ''team sports'' feel that seems to ooze from everything conservative and liberal these days.
Everything is either left or right and if you are left you are ''insert stereotypical nonsense'' or if you are right your opinions are ''insert more stereotypical nonsense''. I just can't get behind that because it doesn't make actual sense, unless it's a team you support and not the actual ideas themselves. Unfortunately it's more of a team thing nowadays than actual honest thought and criticism about the ideology you chose to follow or believe in.

I lean left, but I am nothing like the stereotype, and no lefty I have ever met actually is! it's far more nuanced than the internet wars and media would have people believe. One of the many reasons I just won't get involved in the fights online, I always feel I have more common ground with people than not, and you are proof of that. You seem to see most things much the same way I do.

I'd welcome those old definitions back in a heartbeat, what we have right now, is a tit for tat team sport, I can't get behind any of that!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Moonmagic - 08-04-2020, 06:11 PM