Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force
(06-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 06:58 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: In my lifetime I've always had positive interactions with police, minus one, but assholes exist in all facets of employment across the globe.  He may be a great person, and I just caught him on a bad day, who knows.

The problem with Law Enforcement boils down to one thing: the law.

See, if a good guy totally smashes a bad guy ... the good guy knows there's a tremendous likelihood he'll be prosecuted for his actions.

When I was a kid, my dad would beat the living Hell out of anyone who was a public nuisance or a public menace.  People feared my dad.  People who didn't even know him would feel grave danger just being in his presence.  Now, I say this about my dad, but it wasn't uncommon for this to happen around any man of his time.

These days men behave like this (skip right to :29) 
Now the cops are 'looking' for the two thugs who threw that wimp a beating.  But that's the way it is.  Had the guy pulled out a gun and shot those two thugs to death (like good ol' Bernie Goetz), he'd have gone to jail just like Bernie did.  Because ... you got it ... the cops would have been sent 'round to arrest him.

My neighbor and I were talking about this just yesterday. When we were growing up, if an adult in the neighborhood caught you doing something wrong, you would get a stern talking to, and a likely smack or two on your bottom. You begged they not tell your parents, because you were, for sure, to receive two more punishments, one from you father and one from your mother.

When telephones became available, yes, I lived in a time when few people had phones in their homes, by the time your parents got home, they knew everywhere and everything you did the whole day. Neighbors were relay monitors and told everything.

People today dare not even look at a child, even if they are doing something wrong. Try even telling the parent that you witnessed their darling, sinless, perfect, divine, clone of Jesus, do something wrong. I can assure you, it is not likely to go well.

It used to be that your Dad was nearly every adult in the neighborhood, and it was the norm, not today.

I will add this; I am an old broad, but I have the temper of a demon. If I witnessed that, they would likely be holding my funeral a week later, but there is no way in hell I would not have intervened. 

I am not claiming to be some strong, bad ass granny, that would have beat the thug to a pulp. I would have likely ended up in the hospital or dead, but I would be able to live with broken bones and teeth, I would not be able to live with the image in my mind of someone being hurt, while I did nothing.

Showed the video to my 87 year old mother, she said, "I would have found something to hit that guy in the head with!" Well, I guess it is just in the genes.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-27-2020, 08:03 PM