Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force
In my lifetime I've always had positive interactions with police, minus one, but assholes exist in all facets of employment across the globe.  He may be a great person, and I just caught him on a bad day, who knows.

I have family who are cops, one was a homicide and special victims detective.  Hell, I was about a month away from entering Philly's police academy when the budget crisis of 08 happened and froze everything.  In that time, I had a change of heart about what I wanted to do with my life, and I'm glad I did.

Community policing as a concept seems to be dead.  Like all things now, everything is about money.  I was reading about a metro cop who said he saw a car pull into an auto place with expired inspection stickers.  The guy came out of the store looking frustrated, and the cop went over and recognized the guy and knew his mother.

The cop brought the kid into the store and got a tail light and showed him how to fix it so it could pass inspection.  When the kids' mom heard about it, she called to sing the cops' praises.

The cop was called into a meeting with the city council and his chief, saying he'd be suspended for 2 days without pay.  He was supposed to impound the vehicle, write tickets, and make the city money.

I didn't verify that story, but from what I see in society today, I don't doubt it.  For every bad cop there are 10 good ones, based on my experience.

I'm curious to see what happens in Minneapolis.  I hope the law abiding citizens of that city practice their 2nd Amendment rights to police their homes and communities.  I'm really interested to see whether having police makes a difference.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force - by Schmoe1 - 06-27-2020, 06:58 PM