Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is really behind this COVID move?
(06-26-2020, 07:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 07:17 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I've heard talk about rising up against all the corruption and bullshit we see today, but in my opinion, people just aren't uncomfortable enough yet.  As long as the sheep are getting their latest episode of the Kardashians, they don't care.  I think it would have to get waaaaay worse for that to happen.

Exactly. It is about distraction, manipulation and control. Americans are easily manipulated and controlled, because we have become addicted to constant stimulation, and we have very short memories. We are naturally reactionary and often we respond faster than we can think. Our injured senses can harbor offenses buried so deep, that they we becomes septic, and seem surprised when the infected boil rises to the surface and erupts, spewing foul smelling pus all over anything and everything that comes near.

I am not immune to the ugliness I see and hear all around me. I too have immediate and knee jerk reactions to some of what I see and hear. It is just that I have spent years working on keeping a demonic temper in check, so I give myself time to process what it is that I am reacting to. Most of the time this processing takes place before I open my mouth, and I delete far more posts then I actually upload. I consider it a self control technique that I started long before anger management became a thing.

I hope I don't sound condescending. My family and friends jokingly accuse me of speaking in parables, but I have found, after over fifty years in dealing with my patients, that it is easier for me to get my point across when I include in sharing, something relatable. Most people understand things better when they can relate to what I am saying. So a lesson in the understanding of atherosclerosis and hypertension, becomes a story about the garden hose, rather than blood vessels with a bunch of scientific words.

And yes, I guess I am also a bit opinionated.   tinywondering
Oh I can relate, I'm one of those powder keg people.  I'll bury all that shit deep over a long period of time, then bam, I'm having a bad day and I see something that pisses me off, then I go into a berserker rage where I go blind and turn red lol.  Having kids helped with that a lot, calming me down.

And that's what I was getting at, like you said, everything now is endless stimulation.  Having thought about it, I guess it would be fairly easy to pull the wool over the sheep's eyes, onto the next distraction.  

On one hand, the government can be amazingly incompetent, but when I think about the population of goldfish and their short memories, it makes sense that that would be plenty to compensate for the incompetence.

Messages In This Thread
What is really behind this COVID move? - by Sol - 06-24-2020, 03:13 AM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by drussell41 - 06-24-2020, 11:54 AM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 11:24 AM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 05:17 PM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Wallfire - 06-25-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: What is really behind this COVID move? - by Schmoe1 - 06-26-2020, 08:06 PM