Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours!
(06-25-2020, 02:11 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 02:09 PM)WonderCow Wrote: https://youtu.be/3UP5eAOQuo8

I grew up in the Cannock Chase area, which now seems to be paranomal central for the UK  for some reason. Anyhow, I spent many happy hours playing in this little wood when I was a child.

Oh... so you'll be familiar with Deborah Hatswell and her YouTube videos? DH links:

Is she the Lady that used to run the UK Wildman site? I used to look on there occasionally.

Anyhow, here's the thing....the Chase never had a paranormal reputation until the advent of the internet era.

If Manbearpig or whatever was running riot we'd have heard about it, as kids, I remember us all being scared witless by the Patterson Gimlin film on Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of.
If we'd thought there was a chance we'd run into something like that we'd have never played outdoors again.

The only scary stories the teenagers had to frighten us with were the Gaskin murder story, and legend had it that Mrs Gaskin wasn't buried in that wood anyway, and there were lurid tales of ghostly soldiers up by the German cemetary. Other than that, there wasn't anything to give us nightmares.

When all the paranormal stuff started coming out I looked into it and it turned out a local journalist had written a book about alleged weirdness there and most of the stories seemed to be originating from his site.  I guess the whole thing grew legs from there.

I spent most of my childhood wandering around on the Chase and adjacent areas and never encountered anything scarier than a bunny. I drove across there at night numerous times as a teen, only ever saw deer.

I think there's a very good chance there may be big cats up there, the terrain is perfect for them, and there's plenty of prey animals, but Bigfoot? Gimme a break.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours! - by Wallfire - 06-24-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours! - by Wallfire - 06-24-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours! - by WonderCow - 06-25-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: I'll Show You Mine... If You Show Me Yours! - by DaphneApollo - 06-27-2020, 03:01 AM