Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil Unrest in Louisville
I drove through Louisville a few years back when I was escaping Kansas City and coming back home. Don't recall much about it other than thinking that it wasn't any place I'd want to be when the balloon went up... and now here we are.

I'm back in the boonies now, surrounded by 70 miles of armed hillbillies, so I don't have the concerns that many of you will have. Around here, we've had just a couple protests miles and miles away, but no unrest yet. Today may have been a turning point, as I understand there was a "protect our monuments" rally in Tazewell, which is about an hour and a half away as the Jeep flies. Lot of armed protesters there, so it was peaceful - no one WANTS to get shot! The "unrest" is regarding the timing of it - some lowbrows are upset that it was carried out on Juneteenth. Piss on 'em - if you don't want your holiday ruined, don't go try to tear up our stuff on it!

I'm armed up and stocked up, and have recently acquired a black powder revolver as well, in case cartridges become an issue. I can roll my own with that, and it'll work good enough to restock off the dead if they try an assault, so I'm good. Black powder killed around 600,000 soldiers (counting the dead from both sides) in the Civil War, so I'm confident it will still do so in a pinch if CW II rolls around, which it's looking like to do.

Police are leaving in record numbers, because enforcing the law is becoming a far less viable option, and that is kinda what they do, their whole reason for being, so why bother if you're not going to be allowed to do your job? Not so much around here - we like our cops for the most part, and don't want outsiders screwing with them, so they're relatively safer than cops elsewhere.

The whole nation seems to be undergoing a meltdown, but things have not changed that much here - a few local posting racist BLM, Antifa, etc. craziness on Facebook just to try to stay relevant with the lunacy in the rest of the nation, but not much, and not many. I raised hell about the George Floyd murder, because that is exactly what it was. I raised hell about Brionna Taylor's murder too, because that's just what THAT was as well - but when the communists started taking over the narrative and shaping it to their will, I stopped raising hell about them. I'm not a communist, and will not support their efforts. Now I'm just hunkering down and bunkering down and getting ready for the assault. The pendulum has swung too far to the other extreme, police are leaving the force, and law and order are breaking down as we watch - all in pursuit of the communist objective.

We'll weather this storm just like we have all the others that came by. Make sure you do, too!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Civil Unrest in Louisville - by kdog - 06-20-2020, 12:17 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by TheDoctor46 - 06-20-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by JBurns - 06-20-2020, 12:31 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by guohua - 06-20-2020, 12:53 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by Ninurta - 06-20-2020, 03:26 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by beez - 06-20-2020, 03:34 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by guohua - 06-20-2020, 05:00 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by Ninurta - 06-20-2020, 05:36 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by guohua - 06-20-2020, 05:50 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by Wallfire - 06-20-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: Civil Unrest in Louisville - by gordi - 06-20-2020, 08:36 AM