Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Meteor Or Invaders...? You Decide.
(02-05-2020, 12:45 AM)guohua Wrote: smallgreenhurray  Fox Mulder Speedo  smallgreenbananadancer  Oh yes that strange looking light, I forgot what it looked like again, wait a moment,,,,,, Yes, It is very strange, descending straight down and not at an angle , Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could have been a Landing.

Viewing angles can be tricky things. It looked to me like it was going either directly away from, or directly towards, the camera, which would make it appear to be dropping straight down if it didn't actually hit the camera and give away the illusion.

It looked like a bolide to me. I saw one once in my younger days that has stuck with me all these years. There I was, just minding my own business out roaming around with a gun in hand in the dark. The night was dark, no moon in the sky to make it light, and stars were sprinkled all over the sky. I was crossing an open field between two wood lines when all of a sudden it was like I had a spotlight thrown on me, it got so bright. Of course, I immediately hit the ground in the weeds and rolled over on my back, thinking it might have been a parachute flare and wanting to know which way it was drifting. Instead, it was a BRIGHT meteor streaking across the sky and getting brighter by the second It traveled about 2/3 of the way across the whole sky and suddenly exploded in a really bright flash and disappeared. The whole time, it made no sound at all that I could hear, which kinda freaked me out. Then I got back up and went on about minding my own business until I got to the other side of that field and back into the woods.

Now about those speedos... I don't think even Drano will wash that image out of my brain - thanks for that!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
[UK] Meteor Or Invaders...? You Decide. - by BIAD - 02-04-2020, 10:44 PM
RE: [UK] Meteor Or Invaders...? You Decide. - by Ninurta - 02-05-2020, 12:43 PM