Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
7-Foot Tall Hellhound Skeleton Has Been Unearthed
(06-21-2016, 09:48 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 11:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I come from stock that may not be entirely sane or sober...

(Sarcasm to bring the best out of Ninurta!)
There's a perfectly-placed Dog Obedience facility in Morgantown where I'm sure your Grandfather
could have seen the benefits of a mutual understanding of traversing the bridge with a canine coming
the other way.

I mean, the poor cur may have been terrified by the sudden appearance of a man brandishing a stout
stick and I'm sure that if the lost-and-bewildered animal had an owner, some sort of of counselling would
have to be acquired.

In the case of your great-great Grandfather, I can see how -due to the lack of Government funded 'Safe
Spaces', he may have later undergone a time of exasperation and stress after such a terrible encounter
and may have been unsure of how to deal with it.

There are professional people that can now assist in getting over such awful ordeals and I'm sure you'd
agree that your great-great Grandfather would have sought out such areas if they had been available, yes?

Well, such facilities were available, of a kind... you may recall the particular phrasing I used, i.e. "may not be entirely sane or sober"... The down side is that some of the treatment methods may have a tendency to CAUSE one to see black dogs (or some times pink elephants) where no such critter may actually be.

Quote:I have watched many of the old Disney-wildlife episodes where wildcats and mountain lions don't seem
that ferocious and tend to shy away from human encounters, usually with some nice music in the
background.

But I may be wrong.
tinyhuh

(UPDATE) I am wrong!
Mum Fights Off Mountain Lion Attacking Son, 5

Why, the woods critters around here are so tame they will come right up on the porch and eat from the pet's bowls, as happened to my neighbor just up the road recently, when a nice friendly bear greeted her one morning about 7 am when she went to let her dogs out of the house. The dogs, for their part, didn't seem particularly hungry at the time, and, being the polite critters they are, elected not to disturb the bear at his repast. It sometimes gets a little on the annoying side, as I have to wait until the morning of trash day before setting the trash out to prevent the bears from making a mess (bears, contrarily to popular belief, are not particularly tidy), and that causes me to sometimes forget to set it out at all.

The mountain lions are very friendly, too:

[Image: 5qvgzLd.jpg]

[Image: Mountain-lion-found-napping-on-Utah-coup...-porch.jpg]
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7-Foot Tall Hellhound Skeleton Has Been Unearthed - by Ninurta - 06-23-2016, 01:59 AM