Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting
I was just about to call it a night last night when I was alerted to a shooting in CA at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.  I stayed up until 1 a.m. to hear the first police press conference about it, which didn't tell me much of anything that the reporters on the ground hadn't already posted on Twitter.

I was watching a live stream video with one of those reporters who goes by @Looker on Twitter. He was posting updates and showing videos captured by people at the festival. At one point, he said someone had stated possibly 50 to 60 people injured and a three year old boy among the dead, but he couldn't confirm it. Turns out that was wrong, thank goodness.

I was sure this would be trending news on Twitter this morning, but as I scrolled looking for any mention of it, there was NONE!  And to beat it all, Twitter had suspended the @Looker account.  Why?  I didn't see anyone reporting about it on You Tube either.

Also, my Yahoo News had this story at the bottom of the page, and the TOP story was Obummer and Michael giving praise to that corrupt representative in Baltimore because President Trump had spoken badly of him yesterday. 
Gees Louise!  That was the top story!!   mediumfacepalm[Image: 0e11ef329a96317a6ee5ed9f634f1d99]

But, alas, Kamala Harris got her tweet in about gun control, as you will see in the article below.

Quote:Simply horrific. I'm grateful to the first responders who are on the scene in Gilroy, and my thoughts are with that community tonight. Our country has a gun violence epidemic that we cannot tolerate. https://twitter.com/gilroypd/status/1155671693450330112?s=21 …

Quote:A shooting at the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, California injured 15 people and killed 3 more, bringing a horrific end to the popular annual event attended by thousands.

A 6-year-old boy was one among those killed, his father said.
“My son had his whole life to live and he was only 6,” the father of Stephen Romero told NBC Bay Area. “That’s all I can say.”
The wounded were taken to multiple hospitals, and their conditions ranged from fair to critical, with some in surgery Sunday night. At least five were treated and released.

Gilroy police said at a press conference that officers engaged the shooter in less than a minute, though the scene was still considered active and nearby areas were kept on lockdown into the night.

California shooting rampage: 6 year-old Stephen Romero among victims

Stay up to date day and night:
The Evening Briefing newsletter brings the news directly to you and your inbox
As news of the shooting broke, videos emerged on social media in which the sound of gunshots could be heard. 
"It's a nightmare you don't want to live," said Gilroy Police Chief Scot Smithee at a press conference.

My condolences go out to the families who lost loved ones in this tragedy, especially the 6 year old.

Read more here:  3 dead, including a 6-year-old boy, and 15 wounded: What we know about Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting

Messages In This Thread
Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-29-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by guohua - 07-29-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by guohua - 07-29-2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by Ninurta - 08-01-2019, 04:54 AM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by Ninurta - 08-02-2019, 05:26 AM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by guohua - 08-01-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting - by BIAD - 08-02-2019, 08:32 AM