Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Results of the UK's European Members Election 2019.

(05-27-2019, 10:46 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I don't know what any of your symbols mean.

All I know is that the people have spoken and the globalists are losing.  YAY!!!!...

BRX = BREXIT Party (New "party" but set up as a company!?!?, no manifesto, one single policy = Brexit / Leave EU)
SNP = Scottish National Party, only in Scotland but (by far) biggest party there, dedicated to independence for Scotland, anti-brexit, supports Scotland being in EU.
PC = Plaid Cymru, Welsh Nationals (only in Wales), anti-brexit, support being in EU.
LD = Liberal Democrats, anti-brexit.
LAB = Labour, should be the main opposition to the Conservatives but have been flapping about over brexit and don't seem able to get a clear message of what they want across.
CON = Conservative and unionist Party, the party currently sitting in minority government in westminster, tasked with delivering brexit, but cannot seem to get agreement on anything and currently going through a leadership crisis / contest, like Labour... their vote in EU elections collapsed due to their dithering and lack of leadership on brexit.
GRN = Greens, anti-brexit and focused mainly on ecological issues.
UKIP = UK Independence Party, pro-brexit, but have lost a lot of support to the actual Brexit party.

minusculebeercheers

Unfortunately, the people have spoken and it seems that they are as divided as ever.
Although the Brexit Party got the biggest share of the votes in the EU elections, more people actually voted for anti-brexit parties than for pro-brexit ones!

Scotland clearly voted VERY differently from the rest of the UK (look at the colours on the voting map), with 62% of Scots voting for parties who support remaining in the EU and a clear majority for the SNP in every single region in mainland Scotland.
Scotland is clearly being dragged out of the EU against its will if Brexit goes ahead, but despite being an "equal" partner in the UK "Union" it's voice is continually ignored, disregarded, and even ridiculed by those in power at Westminster.
There is a definite and pronounced up-swell of impatience and anger (towards Westminster) in Scotland, and I feel that it is only a matter of time now for Scotland to go ahead with it's own Independence Referendum, despite WM desperately trying to prevent this.
The state-controlled media (BBC et al) do not help one bit. Continually misleading and downplaying the strength of feeling in Scotland.
I'll show you a small example here:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5840]
This graphic was screen-grabbed from the BBC's own News Webpages.
A quick glance at it would suggest that the SNP narrowly won the election in this region, closely followed by Brexit, Labour and the Tory (Conservatives) right?
But LOOK at the ACTUAL FIGURES on the left.
The SNP's yellow coloured bar on the chart should be more than DOUBLE the height that it is shown there.
The SNP got More votes than Brexit, Labour and Tory Combined! (Almost as many as Brexit, Labour, Tory and LD's combined!!!) but it is shown graphically as a very narrow win. THIS is the problem.
An EQUAL partner should not be ignored, manipulated or abused like this.

I don't actually have strong feelings either way on the EU. It has it's good points and bad IMHO and I'm happy to go along with what my fellow Scots DECIDE that THEY want to do, whether that's in the EU or not.
What I do have strong feelings about is that my own country (Scotland) is being treated disgracefully by the leaders of our so-called equal partner in the union.

England (and Wales) voted to leave the EU. Scotland (and N.Ireland) did not.
Brexit Parties won the most regions at the EU elections in England and Wales.
Remain Parties (SNP and LD's) won every region in Scotland.
It seems pretty clear to me that Scotland/NI and England/Wales want different things now.
The simplest solution for most of the people to get what they want is... Independence for England/Wales.
If England/Wales voluntarily left the UK, then they would (according to WM) no longer be a member state of the EU, but the Rest of UK (Scotland/NI) would. Brexit would be meaningless... as England/Wales would simply no longer be in the EU! and would be free to negotiate whatever "deals" they wanted to.
Scotland would effectively get "Independence" from Westminster whilst still retaining a close bond with NI and Europe.
Seems simple enough... right? LOL

G
(Sorry for the long Rant post!!)

PS - Ugh! I just noticed that BIAD fully answered the query about all the symbols and abbreviations whilst I was constructing my post! (Sorry for repeating a lot of that here!)
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Results of the UK's European Members Election 2019. - by gordi - 05-28-2019, 11:25 AM