Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
(11-07-2022, 08:23 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Ya know, it's always amused me how in the hell the "Daily Mail" of all news outlets always seems to acquire an Exclusive and often the first to publish an updated scoop on most any sensational emotional story, especially when it involves sex (Ghislaine Maxwell hit pieces) and/or a gruesome kill mystery story, AND especially such stories originating from the USA! And they always have plenty of pics. Across the pond the NY Post is often the first outlet to run a version of the DM story and if too spicy such as with the socialite class then their sister pub "Page Six" picks it up.

What is even more intriguing to me is who owns the Daily Mail...

Quote:A coronet of 16 "pearls" touching one another, nine being seen in representation.
I have a long standing obsession with the "X-Steganography symbolism that has led me down many rabbit holes & labyrinths.
Not sure on meaning of "4 bees" in British heraldry.

Bees have often been associated with industriousness, but in Heraldic terms, this could be viewed in several ways.
Does the quartet of bees on the Harmsworth coat of arms imply the owner searches for diligence towards employment
from the four points of the compass or is the shield displaying the act of controlling the workers to undertake such labour?

Bees signified regal power in the elite Egyptian times, along with wealth and a command over others. We commonly take
these insects to convey a communal task undertaken by all, but I noticed that -even though artistry in heraldry tends to
adhere to simple forms, the bees on the Harmsworth coat of arms don't display a stinger. Does this mean the shown bees
are drones...?
tinyhuh
Wikipedia suggests: 'A drone is a male honey bee. Unlike the female worker bee, drones do not have stingers.
They gather neither nectar nor pollen and are unable to feed without assistance from worker bees.
A drone's only role is to mate with a maiden queen in nuptial flight.'

Since it's long been held that human society is like a bee colony, would one like to proclaim themselves via this form of
social-ranking art as one of a eusocial community, who's goal is to work for one idea that is shared amongst that group?
After all, the Wikipedia opinion hints at an individual or family who benefits from the toil of others and may even hold
a silent distain for those they see as 'beneath' them! But in art -as you allude to in your interest of stenography, sentiment
can be displayed without saying it aloud.

So, your link "The long history of the Daily Mail campaigning against the interests of working people" may have merit!
tinybiggrin

When the lid came off the whole phone-hacking scandal of the British newspaper industry, Robert Maxwell was already
long dead. But the act of acquiring confidential personal information through malevolent means had been indicative of
newspaper behaviour during his time. (See the 1974 movie 'The Conversation' to see how the technology of private
communication could be easily accessed even back then!) I don't think we'll ever know the entire truth behind Maxwell's
activities during his lifetime in the information-purveying world. He had his fingers in all sorts of stuff... just look who
prints The Lancet!

The Daily Mail did take a mild hit of accusations during the hacking scandal, but it was Murdoch's News of The World
Sunday broadsheet that was eventually sacrificed to shut the Levinson Inquiry up.
tinywondering
Quote:Luv me some aristocrat insider scoops who you know play cover for the GCHQ spooks and their frens across the pond.

I'll look into it!!
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it! - by BIAD - 05-26-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-21-2019, 11:51 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-23-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 12-21-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-31-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM