Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
Here's a story that like most articles in today's media, displays the accepted idea of choosing the level of one's own conduct.

But my interest lies in the manner that we're 'tricked' into accepting a certain reality when presented with visuals that have no
bearing to the story and have 'cutlines' or photo captions that allude to the story, but not the image.

Some may think I'm being a bit fussy here and I can appreciate that, but to understand supposedly-accurate information,
sometimes it can offer a different aspect of an article.
Take a look yourself.

Quote:Newly qualified doctor, 33, is struck off for repeatedly bunking off work - including going MISSING from
busy A&E ward for two hours so she could have a nap while patients waited for care

'A young A&E doctor who repeatedly went missing from work including napping while patients waited for care
has been struck off today for misconduct and dishonesty.  

Dr Raisah Sawati was reported to the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service in 2017 after being found asleep
on a bench after colleagues reported her missing from duty at Fairfield Hospital near Bury, Greater Manchester.

The alarm had been raised after staff failed to raise her when checks showed patients on her rounds were in need
of follow-up treatment. Two years earlier, Sawati had been found lying down in a darkened side room having earlier
requested permission to leave the main theatre block at another hospital to undertake 'audit work' for a consultant,
a misconduct hearing was told.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9958]

She had also failed a patient who died of respiratory failure at a nursing home, exaggerated her role in the treatment
of a 10-month-old baby suffering a cardiac arrest, lied to colleagues about getting time off for study leave and lied
about her qualifications in a job interview, the tribunal heard.

At the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service in Manchester, Sawati was found guilty of misconduct, dishonesty and
deficient professional performance...'
Daily Mail (Archived):

So the story is fairly self-explanatory, a recently-graduate medical person has been pulling a fast-one on her colleagues
and eventually got caught.

But it was the text that was stamped on the images that caught my attention, the female's name and 'Cavendish Press'.
Cavendish Press is a news agency that buys stories from the public and focuses on 'eye-catching' stories to assist in
promoting ratings.

But when it comes to this particular incident, one would assume images that reflect the female's situation would be rare
to come by. I mean, what sort of photograph would truly align with the circumstances displayed in the article?

The actual image of the female accepting an injection -an odd photo to take unless it's part of the current medical
procedure and so I took a look about on the internet. There on Twitter, was the same image. This time, no copyright
text attached to it.
(By the way, I do not use Twitter!)

However, the Tweet read:
Gayle H
Sep 27, 2018

One of our juniors Dr Raisah Sawati 
@RaisahSawati
 getting her flu jab today, to protect her patients and colleagues #flufighter 
@wuthnhs

Look at the date, 2018 and it was for a flu-jab. But instead of The Daily Mail explaining this 3 year-old photo, they instead
offered 'Staff had tannoyed Sawati, pictured left, four times without successfully raising her after checks showed
patients on her rounds were in need of follow-up treatment'
beneath the photograph.

Why...? because it would dilute the Covid narrative. This woman -a woman supposedly classed in the category of those
susceptible of acquiring dangerous symptoms of the virus, was having a flu jab back in 2018. But by not recognising this
fact to their readership, it implies a medical person appreciating the concerns of the Coof today through the use of the
visual.

And another thing, if Cavendish Press pays for stories that are sent to them, who sent this particularly condemning story?
Was it the woman who was struck-off...? Someone who was on the Medical Practitioners Tribunal?!
tinyhuh
The 'Raisah Sawati/Cavendish Press' copyright text on the image implies the actual images are owned -but not
exclusive, to the female and the news agency. Yet no such copyright text exists on the Tweeted image.
We have a saying in my area, there's a rabbit-off here.
tinywondering

The old adage 'Don't Believe What You Read' needs upgrading! Don't Believe What You See Too!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it! - by BIAD - 05-26-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-21-2019, 11:51 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-23-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 12-21-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-31-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 02-26-2020, 10:04 AM