Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it!
(06-13-2021, 10:40 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 09:29 AM)Ninurta Wrote: What can I say? I'm a cooperative kinda guy. Did I win a prize?

Thank you for your answers.
At the moment, our RN survey department is deliberating on one of two possible prizes.

A one-month course at the West Virginia Reed College of Media, here you will be trained in word manipulation
and how to subtly get an agenda across to the dumb public. (Bring your own pencils)

A five-dollar gift voucher for the Tobacco&vape outlet in Martinsburg.
Both valuable awards, I think you'd agree.

Indeed they are! Martinsburg is a fair walk from here, but to redeem a voucher, it would be worth it.

Quote:We've noticed in your replies that there's a continuing orbit around violence to resolve any issues that you find 'rubs'
against your self-styled demeanour. Would such training in the treasured world of Journalism benefit you and possibly
convince you to lay down your gun?

Well, no, but thanks for asking! A gun is a very handy tool when conducting interviews with recalcitrant interviewees. I've often used one to good effect during interviews. Robert Heinlein correctly observed in one of his books that through the course of human history, violence has solved more problems, indeed has been the only possible solution, than any other method available to mankind. It settles issues forthwith.

Quote:We unreservedly apologise for the possible insult from using the 'manual labour' comment. It was assumed due to you
not being a Journalist, a trade -as you're aware, that is a lofty vocation and beyond the reach of the general public.
Especially those who own firearms.

'Tis true. owning firearms may be why I failed as a writer for Tekkek, which went on to fail itself, probably because nearly all of the writers there owned firearms, and one was even - GASP! - a current member of the military. This was in the days before the military became kinder, gentler, and of course more diverse. Looking back, it may have been doomed from the start.

Quote:Your doubts regarding President Biden are puzzling, it was reported on the television and in newspapers.
What more evidence is needed?

Validated and audited votes. Validated and audited votes are pretty good evidence.

Quote:Again, thank you for your time and replies. It's rare that we Journalists interact with the public unless it involves tripping-up
fleeing migrant workers for a great optics or asking grieving folk banal questions to provoke more ratings-driving misery.
tinysurprised tinybiggrin

I need not repeat my above comment regarding firearms and interviews. It would work wonders when interviewing migrants, I think. Perhaps I could concentrate on THAT beat...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
It's News Guys, But Not As We Know it! - by BIAD - 05-26-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-21-2019, 11:51 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-23-2019, 05:16 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 12-21-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 01-31-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 02-26-2020, 10:04 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 03-31-2020, 10:04 AM
RE: It's News Jim, But Not As We Know it! - by Wallfire - 04-01-2020, 07:22 AM