Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Spygate Scandal
John Solomon breaks down the IG Report. He found 51 violations and 9 false statements.

Quote:To understand just how shoddy the FBI’s work was in securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant targeting the Trump campaign, you only need to read an obscure attachment to Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report.

Appendix 1 identifies the total violations by the FBI of the so-called Woods Procedures, the process by which the bureau verifies information and assures the FISA court its evidence is true.

The Appendix identifies a total of 51 Woods procedure violations from the FISA application the FBI submitted to the court authorizing surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page starting in October 2016.
A whopping nine of those violations fell into the category called: “Supporting document shows that the factual assertion is inaccurate.”

For those who don’t speak IG parlance, it means the FBI made nine false assertions to the FISA court. In short, what the bureau said was contradicted by the evidence in its official file.

To put that in perspective, former Trump aides Mike Flynn and George Papadopoulos were convicted of making single false statements to the bureau. One went to jail already, and the other awaits sentencing.
The FBI made nine false statements to the court.

And the appendix shows the FBI made another nine factual assertions that did not match the supporting evidence in the file. In another words, the bureau was misleading on nine other occasions.

The vast majority of remaining Woods violations — 33 in total — involved failing to provide any evidence in the Woods procedure backing up assertion in the FISA warrant application.

That’s serious too since the sole purpose of the Wood procedures is to ensure all evidence cited in a FISA application is documented as accurate and reliable so it can be trusted by the courts.

Just how bad was the FBI’s Russia FISA? 51 violations and 9 false statements
Spent my day watching the IG Horowitz testimony.

This is the longest coverage I could find, but it was longer than just 4 hours.  And, of course, no other media was covering it other than Fox. The other channels didn't have a problem covering the sham impeachment hearings though!

Looks like Kevin Clinesmith is in deep do-do.  The FISA court has ordered every case he's been involved with to be investigated.

Quote:The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court ordered a review of all Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act filings handled by Kevin Clinesmith, the FBI lawyer who altered a key document about Trump campaign associate Carter Page.

The FISA court confirmed Clinesmith had been referred to the Justide Department for a possible criminal investigation. Judge Rosemary Collyer, who leads the FISA court, ordered the DOJ to bring it up to speed on everything it had learned about Clinesmith’s conduct and to explain why there was a delay between the conclusion of Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation and the court being told what misconduct had been unearthed.

Specifically, the FISA court ordered the DOJ to “identify all other matters currently or previously before this court that involved the participation” of Clinesmith. The court also ordered the DOJ to “describe any steps taken or to be taken by the Department of Justice or FBI to verify that the United States's submissions in those matters completely and fully described the material facts and circumstances,” unlike the Page FISA filings. Third, court ordered the DOJ to “advise whether the conduct” of Clinesmith has been “referred to the appropriate bar associations for investigation or possible disciplinary action.”

Clinesmith is the one who changed the wording on the FISA application to state that Carter Page WAS NOT working with a foreign intelligence agent for the U.S., when he knew he was. He did this so the courts would approve the FISA to spy on him, and in turn, they could learn what the Trump campaign was doing.
The dirty democrats working for Killary just about ruined this man's life so they could spy on Trump...
KNOWINGLY!

Quote:Several months before its first FISA filing against Page, the FBI was informed Page had been a source of information for the CIA in the past, a fact the bureau failed to include in its initial filing or any of its renewals. A liaison from the CIA reminded Clinesmith, who was a part of the team reviewing the Page FISA filings, about Page’s previous relationship with the agency. But instead of accurately informing the FBI supervisory special agent so that the FISA court could be properly informed, Clinesmith altered the email to falsely state that Page was “not a source.”

I'm just at the beginning of this article. Lots more to read here:  Court orders review of all FISA filings handled by FBI lawyer facing criminal investigation
Rudy Giuliani reveals what he discovered on Ukraine trip, alleging U.S. embassy would not stop a corruption scheme funneling money to George Soros - and says he's told all to Donald Trump

Quote:
  • Rudy Giuliani claimed he discovered in Ukraine trip details about how the the U.S. Embassy 'quashed' efforts by Kiev to end a corruption investigation

• Claims Embassy - led by then-Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch - squashed probe because money was going to NGO run by billionaire George Soros

• Giuliani has targeted Soros before and blamed him for funding an unproven allegation Ukraine - and not Russia - interfered in 2016 election

• Giuliani offered no proof of his new allegations

• But said: 'I have notified the president' of them

• He unleashed his latest allegations in podcast interview with Charlie Kirk

• DailyMail.com obtained audio of podcast, which will be posted online Monday

So now Giuliani has some documented proof that Soros was in on disrupting our elections and causing upheaval in the streets.  I hope by him pointing to this that it means some kind of action will be taken against him.  I don't think banning him from our country will do any good; he'll just tell his puppets to do it for him. He needs to be arrested.
We'll see what happens.

Read more on the article here: Source
Looks like the judge that signed the FISA application for the FBI to spy on certain people in the Trump Campaign will be stepping down earlier than anticipated. 
Hmmm...   Imagine that!
Well, she got off easy, only losing her job. I wonder if she'll get to keep her pension?
I don't really have bad feelings towards her, because the documents she approved were supposed to be vetted already. Now, if she knew they weren't true, then that would be an entirely different story! Did she know? Was she a part of the Deep State creatures as well?

From what I hear, all the people who signed the FISA application are also in BIG trouble and will probably go to jail.
Merry Christmas to the U.S.A.!

Quote:WASHINGTON — A secretive court that oversees national security surveillance has taken a step toward addressing dysfunction in the system detailed in a recent inspector general report, ordering the Justice Department to identify all cases that an F.B.I. lawyer heavily criticized in the report has worked on, according to an order made public on Friday.

Separately, the court announced that its presiding judge, Rosemary M. Collyer, is stepping down nine weeks earlier than planned for health reasons. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. of the Supreme Court has selected Judge James E. Boasberg to succeed her in that role in the new year. He will be the first judge appointed by a Democrat to lead the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court since 1995.

The developments underscored that the court has entered a period of turmoil and change after the report this month by the Justice Department inspector general that uncovered damning inaccuracies and omissions in applications to wiretap a former Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page.

The report has raised questions about the system by which the F.B.I. obtains wiretap orders and search warrants targeting suspected spies and terrorists under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA. The Justice Department must convince a judge on the FISA court that the target is probably an agent of a foreign power, and it is supposed to disclose any exculpatory information — not just facts that make the target look suspicious.

But the inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, found that the F.B.I. cherry-picked and misstated the evidence about Mr. Page. Among the problems was that the law enforcement officials presented his long history of meeting with Russian intelligence officials but did not tell the FISA court that Mr. Page had sometimes told the C.I.A. about those meetings.

One of Mr. Horowitz’s most serious findings was that during the period when the Justice Department was preparing to seek its third renewal of the Page wiretap order in 2017, a lower-level F.B.I. lawyer assigned to assist the Russia investigation team, Kevin Clinesmith, misled a colleague by altering an email from the C.I.A. about its relationship with him.

Mr. Horowitz has referred his findings about Mr. Clinesmith, who has resigned from the F.B.I., to prosecutors. The Justice Department also informed the FISA court about the issue in classified filings in October and November, according to a newly declassified order. But the order, issued Dec. 5 and made public on Friday, indicated that the court wants more action.

Judge Collyer, as the presiding judge on the 11-member court, ordered the department to identify any other FISA applications that Mr. Clinesmith may have worked on. If there are any others, she said, the department or F.B.I. must explain what steps it would take to ensure every fact in them was accurate.

Judge Collyer also asked whether the Justice Department was referring the matter to Mr. Clinesmith’s bar association for potential disciplinary action, like losing his license. (He was not named in the inspector general report or in the newly declassified order, which is partly redacted, but people familiar with the Russia inquiry have identified him.)

A spokesman for the Justice Department, which had until Friday to respond, declined to comment. A lawyer for Mr. Clinesmith did not immediate respond to a request for comment.

Read the full article here: Source
It appears Rudy Giuliani is going to take matters into his own hands and start releasing the information he has gathered during his investigations, because the sick main stream media won't. They are owned by the Deep State; it goes against their narrative.

From his Twitter post:

Quote:Rudy Giuliani @RudyGiuliani

[url=https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani][/url]
Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

8:38 AM · Jan 23, 2020

I'll keep you updated as he posts. 

I hope he doesn't suddenly decide to suicide himself!
Drip, drip...

Quote:In a declassified Jan. 7, 2020, order released by Presiding FISA Court Judge James Boasberg, it was revealed that the Department of Justice (DOJ) has determined that two of the four FISA applications on former Trump 2016 presidential campaign adviser Carter Page were “not valid.”

The court wrote that it had received notice of “material misstatements and omissions” in the FISA applications made on Page, apparently with respect to the final two FISA renewals. The court also noted that the DOJ had made the assessment that with regard to these two applications, “there was insufficient predication to establish probable cause to believe that [Carter] Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power.”

Surveillance of American citizens is supposed to be tightly controlled by FISA law and probable cause that one is acting “as an agent of a foreign power” is a prerequisite for a Title I FISA application such as the one Page found himself subject to.
The order noted that the “FBI has agreed to sequester all collection the FBI acquired pursuant to the Court’s authorizations” of the two now-invalid FISAs “pending further review of the OIG Report and the outcome of related investigations and any litigation.”

The order also notes that while the DOJ has not yet made a determination on the validity of the first two FISA applications, the DOJ intends to have the FBI sequester information relating to those first two orders “in the same manner as information acquired” in the final two renewals that have now been determined to be invalid.

The order by Boasberg closed with a series of demands for disclosure regarding the manner in which the government will be handling the information collected under the now-invalid Carter Page FISAs, along with updates on any ongoing investigations.

Typically, FISA renewals would be expected to be backed up by additional information and details, and would therefore build upon and make a stronger case than the original application. The fact that this does not appear to be the case calls into question the ongoing validity of the original FISA and the first renewal as well.

The finding by the DOJ that the final two Page FISA renewals were “not valid” appears to stem from the recent report by DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, which identified “at least 17 significant errors or omissions in the Page FISA applications, and many additional errors in the Woods Procedures. These errors and omissions resulted from case agents providing wrong or incomplete information to the OI (Office of Intelligence) and failing to flag important issues for discussion.”

(highlights by me)

Read more:  DOJ Determines 2 FISA Spy Warrants on Trump Campaign Adviser Were “Not Valid”
Rudy Giuliani shares with us what he discovered during his investigations. This is part one.