Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Tower Block In Glasgow, Scotland.
(02-24-2019, 10:11 AM)gordi Wrote: WTAF?

Is the implication here that "Support Services are inadequate" and that "local hostility and vindictiveness" caused this?
You're right,Gordi, it does stink. I clicked on the link where a man above the window where the woman
was and it's reported:

Quote:'...Akm Faridzuzzaman, 38, looked on helplessly from the veranda of his home as the woman plunged
to her death from a multi-storey block of flats in Glasgow on Monday night.

He said: “I heard my wife shouting that there was a woman hanging out of the window.
“I shouted on my wife to get in and ran out and started to phone 999 for an ambulance.
A man was holding her but she was just hanging there, not making any effort to get back up...'

A strange comment to say considering the person who took the photograph is quoted in the original
article as saying :
"...She didn’t fall right away, because she was trying desperately to hold on to the window sill and she
was scratching at the wall with her feet, trying to get a hold to keep herself from falling...."

So which one is it?

However, someone unnamed in a flat below the scene said:

Quote:'...“I looked out the window to see she was lying on the grass below.
One of the concierges had put something over her to cover her...'

'...“It’s the second time in a few months that someone has died coming out a window in these blocks
 In December a man died after falling from the sixth floor of the next block.”...'
SOURCE:
The tower blocks in Charles Street seems to cater for those with low income and on Government Welfare.
Whether any of this relevant, I don't know, but the guy who was holding the victim's hair, 'chanting' and
rolling around on the grass near her certainly needs checking.

Did her scrambling for a foothold mean she'd had second-thoughts about jumping or was she trying not
to be dropped out of the window? We'll have to wait and see.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
A Tower Block In Glasgow, Scotland. - by BIAD - 02-23-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: A Tower Block In Glasgow, Scotland. - by Wallfire - 02-24-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: A Tower Block In Glasgow, Scotland. - by BIAD - 02-24-2019, 11:57 AM
RE: A Tower Block In Glasgow, Scotland. - by BIAD - 02-24-2019, 07:02 PM