Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged?
(02-19-2019, 11:05 PM)BIAD Wrote: Hands up if you know the difference between fantasy and reality...? Jussie, put your hand down.

Quote:Quinto would later speak out about the attack on Smollett, saying: 'I was absolutely enraged by the injustice and the
senselessness of such violence. but i was also vividly reminded that we MUST continue our fight for equality and
acceptance at every turn in this country and in this world. 

MailOnline:

Here's a news flash for the uneducated - you can't make ANYONE "accept" you, or indeed make them accept anything at all. You can fight for acceptance all day long, and it ain't gonna happen, because people are people. For example, I'm an asshole. I've come to terms with that fact, but at no point do I try to force anyone at all to "accept" that fact. I don't care whether they do or not. It doesn't affect ME in the slightest whether I'm accepted or not. Of course, there is an argument to be made that forcing folks to accept my asshole-ish-ness has the potential to spoil all the fun of being an asshole, so there is that to consider.

Likewise, gay folks don't need anyone else to validate their gay-ness. Why would they? Do what you do, and who really gives a shit?.. unless you're planning on getting jiggy with it on the courthouse lawn in the public square. There might be a problem with that, but then that would be an asshole move, and you would then be horning in on MY turf, which is never a good idea.

So just be you, and consider that the world can go to hell if they don't like it.

Now, in another, but probably related thought, this WAS a "hate crime", as hate crimes are defined. I don't care what the Chicago PD says, it was. It was a "hate crime", which makes it far, far worse than a run of the mill crime. I mean, crimes have degrees, y'know? For example, a "hate crime" involving an actual murder is exponentially worse than just a standard, run of the mill murder, because it makes the victim exponentially deader than just average dead. 

This was a crime in that Illinois law against filing false police reports is a Class IV Felony. Furthermore, it was aggravated by a motivation based upon hate of Trump supporters. That, boys and girls, is a "class" of people, and crimes directed at a class of folk are bad, very bad. Further aggravating the crime is that the class of people is defined solely by their political ideology, which, again, is considered bad, very bad, by the US Justice System.

This makes it an aggravated hate crime. The bullshit about it being because of his salary is just the Chicago PD blowing smoke up our asses in order to protect one of their own, a "Progressive" intent on perpetrating hate crimes against an innocent political class that he happens to be opposed to.

Kinda like folks who are opposed to gay folks go around constantly not accepting them. It's kinda their thing - they get up in the morning and say to themselves "Self, what are you gonna do today?", and then answer themselves saying "Well, I figure I'll concentrate all day long on not accepting gay folks, that's all I've got on my calendar for today."

I've never figured out why gays give anti-gays that much power over them. Who gives a shit what other folks think? Certainly not enough to let an opposing attitude ruin your day.

And another thing - every idiot in America KNOWS, without a doubt, that Chicago is NOT "MAGA Country". Chicago concentrates mostly on trying to make America NOT great, so how would it suddenly and without warning become otherwise? if every idiot in America knows that, how low does that make the individual, intellectually, who wrote the script for this comedy of errors?

Think about that a while... if you can spring any thinking time out of the scheduled "not acceptance of gay folks", that is...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-17-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Ninurta - 02-26-2019, 08:42 AM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-21-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-22-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-25-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 04-05-2019, 02:48 PM