Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged?
Quote:January 29 12.30am: Neighbour claims to see two suspicious men, one with a rope, outside Smollett's apartment building

2am: Smollett is filmed on surveillance cameras leaving Subway 
Sometime in the next few minutes, he is attacked by the men as he talked on the phone with manager Brandon Z. Moore. 
He is picked back up by surveillance cameras entering his apartment building afterwards, 

2.35am:  Frank Gatson, his friend who was in his apartment, insists that they call the police

2.42am: Police arrive at the actor's apartment and find him still wearing the rope the attackers placed around his neck.
It is not fastened in a noose and is slack. 
Smollett takes himself to the hospital afterwards. 

January 30: Chicago PD releases surveillance footage of persons of interest seen near the area of attack at around the
same time. Smollett's cast mates lead tributes to him and condemnations of the incident 
Smollett's manager, Brandon Z. Moore, tells Variety they were on the phone at the time of the incident and that he heard
what the attackers say.

January 31st: President Trump condemns the attack as 'horrible' 

February 1st: Smollett's family speaks out and labels the attack a 'hate crime' 
Smollett breaks his silence with his own statement  slamming misinformation about the attack. 

February 2nd: A defiant Smollett plays a sold out show at The Troubador in Los Angeles 

February 5th: Chicago PD releases incident report which reveals Smollett did not want to call police.
There is no mention of the MAGA country remark which he gave in a follow-up interview
Brandon Z. Moore, his manager, gives police a screenshot to prove their call. 

February 11th: Smollett finally hands over redacted phone records to prove the phone call but police label
them 'insufficient'.  His neighbors say they don't believe his version of events. 

February 12th: Smollett's rep releases statement to say he is the victim and that he has been telling the truth 

February 13th: GMA teases interview with Smollett crying. Police say they are no further with inquiries. 

February 14: Smollett's full interview is aired between 7am and 8am. 

At 9.40am, police announce they have ID'd the people in the video

(From The Daily Mail)
...................................................................................................

BBC spins it differently (from Saturday morning 16th Feb).

Quote:Jussie Smollett: Suspects held over attack on actor released.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5295]

'Chicago police have released two men arrested in connection with an alleged attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett.
The US TV star needed hospital treatment last month after a suspected racist and homophobic attack...'

An indication that two men  who -one at least, worked n the same series as Jussie Smollett, had flown in from Nigeria
AFTER the alleged incident and the Chicago Police were waiting for them at the airport.

This could mean they were possibly identified from the surveillance footage and recognised by 'someone'. Then after
checking with passport-control, discovered to have fled the country they were working in and returned to Nigeria, the
place of their birth.

That's a lot of work by the Chicago Police for a failed alleged lynching. These bothers were then released without charge
which implies a lack of evidence and grounds for wrongful arrest. I find it odd that all the diligence used to locate and capture
the two men was let down by the fact that the Police were after the wrong suspects!

Quote:'...A police spokesperson said on Friday the men were released without charge and were no longer being classified as
suspects. Jussie Smollett said he'd been "forever changed" by the alleged attack, which took place on 29 January.
The 36-year-old actor has said two white men hurling racial and homophobic insults punched him, poured a chemical
substance over him, and put a rope around his neck...'

Bleach was said to be the chemical used, a symbolic whitening and along with the rope (that he continued to wear
long after the alleged ordeal) indicates a Klan-style attack that I find a little-too Hollywood for my taste.
A pompous upper-class perception of what is said to have occurred back in the slavery days for reasons unknown at
this point.

Quote:'...Earlier, police had dismissed local media reports that the alleged attack was a hoax, and said Mr Smollett
continued to be treated as a victim, not a suspect.

Who are the men arrested?
Two men, Nigerian brothers, were arrested in connection with the incident on Wednesday.
They had worked as Empire extras, sometimes going to the gym with the actor, their lawyer said...'

Can we assume these two brothers may have the same skin colour as Mr. Smollett?
The Daily Mail dared to answer that question.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5296]
Among items police seized from the home were black ski masks.
It is not known if they were the same as those shown above which the brothers sell online.
Smollett said one of his attackers was wearing a ski mask when he was attacked..

Abimbola 'Abel' (left), 25, and Olabinjo 'Ola' Osundairo (right) are the two brothers being questioned
over the Jussie Smollett attack whose home was raided in Chicago on Wednesday.

They are friends with Smollett, who follows them on Instagram, and sometimes work out with them.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5297]
The brothers' names are included in this inventory list that police left with their relatives detailing all the
items they took from the house as part of their investigation. The list included proof of residency for
both brothers and bottles of LA's Totally Awesome bleach.
...................................................................................................

Meanwhile, the BBC continued with their pussy-footing around this dumpster-fire.

Quote:'They had been picked up at Chicago's O'Hare airport, returning from a trip to Nigeria, their lawyer told US media.
"When they first learned about what happened to [Jussie] they were horrified," Gloria Schmidt told CBS Chicago.
"This is someone they've worked with, so they don't want to see somebody go through that.".

A police spokesman initially said they were treating the unidentified men as "potential suspects" as there was
"probable cause" that they may have engaged in a crime. No further details were given.
On Thursday, police had searched their home.
At least one of the brothers worked on Empire, police confirmed...'

Well that's odd. This BBC article was updated around two hours after posting it here and the Daily Mail's
web page was last updated on Friday evening... 'no further details' from the Beeb and yet there's lots of
images and comments in the Mail article.

Quote:What does Jussie Smollett say?
Representatives for Smollett have not yet commented on the latest developments in the case.
But recounting the night publicly for the first time, he told US network ABC he had hesitated to call police after it
happened because of pride.

"We live in a society where as a gay man you are considered somehow to be weak. And I am not weak.
And we as a people are not weak."
When police came he says he left the rope around his neck and was still wearing clothes that smelled of bleach.
"I went down to where it happened and I walked them through exactly what happened."

The actor said he had just got back to Chicago that day, and after getting home realised there was no food in the
house. He said he had ended up at a Subway sandwich shop getting some food -something people have
questioned as strange.

He told Good Morning America it was "ridiculous" that people thought he would lie about his reasons for being
outside at 2am in freezing temperatures. "Subway is open 24 hours for a reason, so that when you're hungry at
night and you ain't got no food, you go to Subway," he said...'

There is a proviso that Smollett misses out regarding Subway. You've got to able to pay for the food,
but being a Hollywood virtue-signalling actor, this is below his radar.

CNN report that Smollett said "I never said that," he said. "I didn't need to add anything like that.
They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the
cherry on some racist sundae."...'

Quote:BBC:
He said he thought he would've been doubted less if he had said his alleged attacker "was a Muslim, or a Mexican,
or someone black". "And that says a lot about the place that we are in our country right now."

There were claims he had told police his attackers were wearing the Make America Great Again (MAGA) hats
that are associated with President Donald Trump. "I never said that. I didn't need to add anything like that," he said.
"I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on top of some racist sundae."

But the attackers did say "This is MAGA country", he said.
The actor said he thought he had been targeted because he was outspoken about President Trump -who when asked
about the attack said "That's horrible, it doesn't get worse".

"I don't know what to say to that. I appreciate him not brushing over it," Mr Smollett said of Mr Trump's comments.
Writers of Empire have stood behind the actor since the attack -and after reports that plans to write him off the show
had led to the hoax, they came out in support of him again...'
BBC:

This isn't about being black, it's about what the two men first called him. This is gay-outrage, the two guys
wouldn't let Smollet... I won't say it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by BIAD - 02-16-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-17-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-21-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-22-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 02-25-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: The Jussie Smollett Story Was Staged? - by Wallfire - 04-05-2019, 02:48 PM