Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We may finally know what causes Alzheimer’s – and how to stop it
(01-26-2019, 03:37 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Me too.

I went to a dentist in the 90's, and they did something called a "deep cleaning" that involved scraping the roots of my teeth between the teeth and gums with some kind of instrument. My gums started bleeding, and bled for 0ver 20 years, including abscesses. For several years, I could just suck my teeth and spit out blood, it was that constant. After that, I never went back to a dentist. I figured that if it could make me bleed that long, it couldn't be a good thing.

So I'm probably done for.

I've always figured that folks who suffer dementia and such are still in there, they just can't get out because the mechanisms that connect their spirit to their body have been damaged, which disallows proper communication with the outside world... looks like I might get the chance to test that theory out, but no one will ever know the result.

Ain't that a pisser?

It certainly is a pisser!

Around the same decade you mentioned, I went to an appointment put in after a filling and without telling me
why, the dentist said he was going to make 'a cast'. I went back a week later during work hours and after
sticking his needle into the roof of my mouth a few times, ripped out the majority of my teeth!

He jammed the new dentures in, told me the cost and I stumbled out of his office wondering what the hell
had happened.

His wife -who worked at the same place as me, had left him for the Managing Director of my company and
sitting at work later, all numb and unable to speak, I reckoned I was the result of his anger!

I never went back.

Back in the sixties, they used to gas you and I recall being taken into a room with other kids and being
told to sit in a dentist chair.
The only memory I have is being slapped awake, carried out of the room with blood dripping from my mouth
and groggily glancing over at a line of these dentist chairs with the other kids still being worked on.

They'd left a hook of tooth still in there that ripped my tongue later, so I guessed the adults in the white
coats were trainees. And that can have an effect on how we perceive dentists!

The irony is that -that memory is still there and we're talking about Alzheimer’s!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: We may finally know what causes Alzheimer’s – and how to stop it - by BIAD - 01-26-2019, 10:13 AM