Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Not Much, But Things Might Be Changing.
No doubt, you're all aware that in the United Kingdom, Queen Elizabeth II is televised making a speech to the nation on Christmas day.
The many news outlets of Britain report the condescending rhetoric that doesn't mention her country's main production of arms-sales,
overseas governance disruption by the UK's security agencies and fake news that she hopes controls her subjects with.

The speech is actually recorded well in advance of Christmas Day and this year the Queen spoke into the camera on 12th December.
Many of the same medias comment on what 'she's going to say' and even stand outside of Buckingham  Palace when they present it
and it's accepted as something real.

I mentioned earlier in the year to a response from Wallfire that in the UK, there's a subtle changing of what came before in regards of
the 'Global narrative' and how we're supposed to perceive ourselves as European... citizens of Juncker's and Merkel's powerhouse.
Lately, there's been a push to promote Christianity in a manner that I haven't seen for a long time.

I use the word 'Christianity' loosely of course, Catholicism, The Kirk, Anglican, Church of England and Protestant all fall under this banner
in my view. If I've missed one, please forgive me!

One must remember that when all the racist, misogynist, homophobic, anti-Europe and islamophobic screeching has stopped, the media
will be left looking red-faced and their failing ratings will plummet even more. The name-calling will ease because Great Britain will need
to embrace another old faith that has been mentioned before -but never truly understood.
It's called sovereignty.

A lot of the mainstream media are beginning to drop in expressions that mildly oppose the narrative of the last two years.
The name 'Jesus' woud rarely surface when compared to the use of 'Muslim' or the lesser-used 'Islam'. Certainly Christianity would never
be spoken in the same discussion of incidents involving the Islamic faith tied to violent incidents and never be offered as an contrasting
fealty to the viewer or reader.

I've seen and heard the small awakenings of what the UK was before the EU became a place where laws were decided and my only
confusion was why those that direct the Royal Family never protested at it. Maybe there was a conduit between the EU Commission
and those who's supposedly blood is better than most and this communication may have been always conducive for both parties.

There's a style of Christianity in Britain that isn't unlike others in the western hemisphere, the religious adherence is not a facet of many
lives here in the UK, but it's basic principles are intrinsically entwined in the society of the country.
Sunday still holds some reverence in Britain, although stores and shops that used to be closed as a 'day of rest', are now allowed to open.

We -of course, still celebrate important Christian festivals like Easter, Lent and Christmas, although the general public tend to observe them
with actions that are more connected to the semi-paganistic rituals before Christianity came to Britain's shores.

Recently, a football team Coach was asked on a radio station about playing one his fixtures on Boxing Day, the day after Christmas day.
It's another one of those traditional non-religious dates during Christmas when soccer teams assist in getting the public out from inside the
turkey and grab some exercise.
Sadly, there's plenty of advertising money for television channels to tempt the supporter to stay at home and watch it on the boob-tube!
(Boob-tube...?! Another word from the past!)

Anyway, this football Coach replied that even though it was a time to celebrate Jesus' birth and show some reverence, football is played on
Boxing Day because it's a national tradition. And I must admit, I gasped!
There were other 'mentions' in the media in late-November and December, and I honestly don't believe it was just the media cozying-up to
the viewers to tune-in.

The Queen's speech may show what I mean.

Quote:Goodwill message 'needed as much as ever', says Queen.

'The Queen will say in her Christmas Day broadcast that the Christian message of "peace on earth and goodwill to all" is "needed
as much as ever". She will say the message is "never out of date" and can be "heeded by everyone".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4978]

The monarch, 92, will also highlight the importance of people with opposing views treating each other with respect.
It comes as Parliament remains divided over the PM's Brexit deal, as the UK prepares to leave the EU in March.
However, as head of state, the Queen is publicly neutral on political matters.

In the broadcast, recorded in Buckingham Palace's white drawing room, the Queen will reflect on Jesus Christ's message of peace
on earth and goodwill to all.

"Even with the most deeply-held differences, treating the other person with respect and as a fellow human being is always a good first
step towards greater understanding." Her message, which was recorded on 12 December, includes highlights of 2018, from England
reaching the World Cup semi-finals to the weddings of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.

She will also emphasise her own strong Christian beliefs in the broadcast, produced this year by Sky News.
She will say: "Through the many changes I have seen over the years, faith, family and friendship have been not only a constant for me
but a source of personal comfort and reassurance."

The Queen wore an Angela Kelly ivory silk cocktail dress, with a gold Scarab brooch, with ruby and diamond embellishments, for the
broadcast. The brooch was a 1966 gift from the Duke of Edinburgh.
She is sitting beside a framed black and white photograph of herself, Prince Philip and a baby Prince Charles, taken in 1948...'
BBC:

It's another one of those subtle steps. Now, let's see if fathers return to the commercials, gambling is seen in a different light and the
bullshit about a second referendum fades from the mainstream media's regular oratory!!
Merry Christmas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
It's Not Much, But Things Might Be Changing. - by BIAD - 12-24-2018, 01:41 PM
RE: It's Not Much, But Things Might Be Changing. - by Wallfire - 12-24-2018, 02:09 PM