Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border
(01-18-2019, 07:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: The new wall will go deep into the ground so this won't happen in the future. 

The fresh sand and scuff marks of shoes on the rusty steel were still there when ABC News visited the site on Thursday.

CBP Yuma Border Sector Chief Anthony Porvaznik said his unit needs better border barriers, but more urgently it needs funding to provide for these families.

[Image: border-tunnel-ho-mo-20190118_hpEmbed_4x3_608.jpg]

The mass crossing this week took place in a sparsely populated stretch of the border -- where an old model of border barrier rises about 12 feet from the sandy ground. The stretched agency only had three agents patrolling that 26-mile-long section of the border.

The wall can't be made deep enough that it can't be dug under.

This is why I think it should be a double wall, separated by 100 meters of minefield. They might dig under the first wall, but good luck making it to the second to dig under it. Both walls should be a minimum of 20 feet tall, slick, and with concertina strung on "Y" posts at the top. Spikes are nice, but there is nothing like getting wound up in concertina razor wire 20 feet off the ground to give one that sinking feeling.

Quote:On Thursday, hundreds of asylum seekers were being held in cinderblock cells with thick glass windows that overlooked a central bullpen where CBP agents worked to process them and provide humanitarian needs. The asylum seekers were separated into cells: fathers with sons, fathers with daughters, unaccompanied minors and mothers with children.

As in all such facilities, the CBP said it works to process them as quickly as possible, and provides basic medical care. Still, detainees eat, sleep and use the bathroom in the same room. Scraps of food mingled with silvery space blankets on the floor. In one cell, several boys had balled up the blankets into a makeshift soccer ball they were kicking around.

ALL illegal alien minors should be separated from their parents. ALL of them. CPS will not hesitate to take an American's kids away over the most frivolous and unsupported of reasons, and I see no reason to treat alien invaders any better. The piss-poor "parents" have dragged their children across thousands of miles of the most dangerous territory on Earth. If that ain't reason enough to take them, I don't know what is. American children are seized and taken from their parents every day for far, FAR less endangerment. Either separate these invaders, or disband CPS and let Americans get on with their lives. Anything less is hypocrisy, and anti-American.

Quote:One man in the group said he left Guatemala eight days ago and made most of the trip by bus along with his 12-year-old daughter. They were planning to leave the processing center destined for San Diego -- plane ticket in hand.

The father said he saved about $5,000 to pay a coyote to quickly get them to the border. He left a wife and two younger daughters back in Guatemala. Next to them were a mother and two daughters on their way to Cincinnati, also from Guatemala. They too traveled by bus and the journey took about eight days.

I want my "free" plane tickets. if they can hand them out to invaders, then they can hand them out to citizens who need to travel. After all, the tickets are not actually "free" - the citizens are the ones who PAID for them!

Quote:Just two days after the group tunneled under the border wall in Yuma, the Border Patrol took in another huge group of migrants in New Mexico. The 247-person group, including unaccompanied minors, crossed near the Antelope Wells Port of Entry and immediately surrendered to authorities for processing.

The CBP said 24 large groups -- quantified as 100 or more -- have crossed the border near Lordsburg, New Mexico, just since Oct. 1, 2018.

This confirms what I said in a post last November - I said then that the caravans are not going to hit the border en-masse. They will instead follow military procedure and go to a Release Point, and from there disperse to hit the border in dozens of different places, in smaller units than the "caravans". This is military doctrine because it works. It drives your opponent nuts because they cannot protect every point on their perimeter all the time, it forces them to spread their forces thinner in the attempt, and that in turn gives you numerical superiority at any one point - even though your section is smaller than the concentrated main caravan, it will be larger than the forces your opponent can muster at that time and place. That principle is called "concentration of force" by military and police units. Ever notice how SWAT will send in one to three dozen men to raid one house? same principle. They "concentrate force" on that single point enough to overwhelm any opposition inside.

They are following military doctrine in their invasions, and that makes them a para-military and/or guerrilla force in my estimation, invading forces, and makes these caravans a declaration of war by extension ("guerrilla" means "little war", but a "little war" is still a war). I do not understand why we are not responding accordingly.

The Democrats claim they want "technology" on the border. A double-wall with concertina and intervening minefield is "technology", in  depth. Drones would also be "technology", but unless armed with Hellfire missiles or working in concert with a wall - or both, they are useless technology. Just filming people pouring across a porous border does nothing to stop or slow them, it just creates news footage, which is not government responsibility, it is news service responsibility. Large explosions do both (slow AND stop), and a physical barrier does as well. The objective in this scenario is for the wall and minefield to stop or slow them long enough for response forces to get into place, and the drones would at least alert the response forces to where the activity is going on that they need to respond to (which has been slowed and/or stopped allowing time for response), so that they could repel the invaders.

Just unarmed drones alone, or unarmed drones and more Border Patrol agents, are utterly useless if the invaders can't be slowed down enough for a response to take place.

We need a wall... my preference would be two, with a mine field.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-23-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-23-2018, 11:14 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-24-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 10-26-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Wallfire - 11-05-2018, 08:19 PM
RE: Thousands of Migrants Head to U.S. Border - by Ninurta - 01-19-2019, 05:14 AM