Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EMF, The Woodpecker, Eugene, and You
(10-18-2018, 10:54 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I remember many many moons ago wile in the north of Norway I came across two towers on ether side of a  fjord just where the end of the fjord was, a very rusty notice read that it was part of a VLF ( very low frequency) navigation system. It seemed strange to me at the time, I was thinking more along the lines of communication system. It was in a very isolated place with only a small road following running around the base of the fjord. All the cables had been removed so it was not in use.
Only years later when X Files did an episode about VLF ELF did I remember it.
X Files season 6 episode 2   Drive

In areas of fringe radio reception (I live in one), weather has a tremendous effect on radio reception. On a 2 1/2 mile drive to work, I can pick up about 7 different radio stations on the same frequency during times of high humidity. They fade in and out, replace one another, and seeminly "swirl around" to be picked up again a few yards down the road, replacing yet another station, as if it's a battle of the radio stations. Sometimes all of them disappear altogether.

That's just from atmospheric humidity.

I wonder how powerful VLF, ELF, and ULF signals have to be to punch through a few hundred meters of solid water to reach submarines for navigation? One thing is certain - those same signals are far less attenuated through mere air, which is all that is between them and the rest of us, who are NOT submariners...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
EMF, The Woodpecker, Eugene, and You - by Ninurta - 10-18-2018, 07:25 AM
RE: EMF, The Woodpecker, Eugene, and You - by Wallfire - 10-18-2018, 10:54 AM
RE: EMF, The Woodpecker, Eugene, and You - by Ninurta - 10-18-2018, 04:44 PM