Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Noah's Boat & The Bible-Google Maps.
hmmmmmm... The Daily STAR. (You gotta love it.... not! LOL)

"1000 Year Old Map". (Actually drawn around 1300 AD - just over 700 years ago, many many hundreds of years after the bible was actually created.)

"incredible evidence for the location of key Bible stories." uhm..? or a rough sketch of roughly where medieval people thought that the stories from the bible could roughly have taken place... roughly.

"Noah’s Ark –clearly depicted as a boat filled with creatures with a bearded man at the helm –is found in the bottom-left of the ancient artefact, and locates it on the modern-day Iran-Armenia border." Really? From what I can see, the sketched map lacks the detail or accuracy to place.... anything clearly, never mind on a specific mountain or border.

Have you seen its representation of Britain (and it was MADE in BRITAIN!!!)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4463]

So, I'm sorry, but for me the legitimacy of the "claims" in the newspaper are completely unfounded.

I LOVE old maps, and I actually really like looking at this one - it has some interesting details in it when you look at the hi-res versions online, but for them to claim it as "incredible" evidence of anything other than a medieval society's own notion of the rough placement of events that were supposed to have occurred in their bible is a bit laughable really.

Thanks to @BIAD for sharing though - I did enjoy looking at it!

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
Noah's Boat & The Bible-Google Maps. - by BIAD - 09-09-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: Noah's Boat & The Bible-Google Maps. - by gordi - 09-10-2018, 08:50 AM