Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters
(08-24-2018, 08:54 AM)BIAD Wrote: Maybe it's our species' pompousness of believing we're the ultimate on the planet that causes us to mock 
the possibility of the phenomena. After all, we have a Hadron Collider and cars, they live in forests and
don't shave. We're the winners and it's just not fair that they can do something we cannot.

No wonder they shy away from interaction!

Butbutbut - I live in the forest and don't shave, too!

I've made a hobby out of convincing folks that I'm "just" a backwards hillbilly (not hard to do, because I really am), and then lowering the boom on them with some seriously in-depth, scientific, complicated shit. You're right - things are not always as people perceive, yet they still insist on basing everything on those faulty perceptions, and then wonder at why they always get surprised.

You're also right about why we shy away from interaction. Bigfoot and I could be brothers... except he's bigger, and scares the crap out of me by his mere presence! That's also something I've occasionally unwittingly done.

There may be more to this than I initially thought...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Ninurta - 08-25-2018, 02:47 AM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 01-26-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 01-26-2019, 03:46 PM