Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Millennial Couple Bikes Near ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’. Oops!
(08-17-2018, 12:45 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I have met young people who think like this young couple did. It seems to be a misunderstanding of how the world works.
It seems they think along the lines of "I dont eat meat, so the bull wont charge me because it will see im a better person than the others".
Its sad they died but I see what they did as a form of suicide, the type of suicide that they think will give meaning to there lives, that it will be in the papers all over the world, there names will be remembered for the great deed they did.
The thing is the bull does not care what you had for breakfast as it charges you.

Exactly right, and an appropriate analogy. Bulls don't think like we do - they don't give a crap what you had to eat, they only care that you are interloping on THEIR turf... and ISIS don't think like we do, either - they don't care how nice or naive you are, they only care that you're not popping your head on the dirt and your ass in the air 5 times a day to pray at their demon-god.

When the dumbasses said ""Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own...

By and large, humans are kind. Self-interested sometimes, myopic sometimes, but kind. Generous and wonderful and kind.”...' they signed their own death warrants.

My kids used to be afraid of monsters under the bed and in the closet, and I patiently explained to them that actual monsters DO walk the Earth, but none of them live in closets or under beds - they're much more nefarious and unpredictable than that, and all of them appear to be humans, even friendly humans, on the surface. Some wear turbans, and some look as goofy and harmless as Jeffrey Dahmer looked.

And this: “I’ve missed too many sunsets while my back was turned. Too many thunderstorms went unwatched, too many gentle breezes unnoticed.” ... while they're concentrating on that "beautiful sunset", most folks are entirely unaware of the evil creeping up on them from behind - like ISIS operatives, for instance. I for one know for sure which way I want to be facing, and what my back needs to be turned to... and danger ain't that thing I want my back turned to.

I guess other folks differ in that opinion... and get eaten by the bear or gored by the bull... or blown up by ISIS. Evil IS - ignore it at your own peril. Sure, I'm an asshole, but I think these two ought to be nominated for a Darwin Award, and given a medal for not polluting our gene pool any further.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Millennial Couple Bikes Near ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’. Oops! - by Ninurta - 08-19-2018, 06:37 AM