Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco.
I suppose if it was all unorganised mayhem, we'd worry!
tinyhuh

Quote:Liverpool teenagers 'paid money to stab other youths'.

'Teenagers are being offered up to £1,000 by gang leaders in Liverpool to stab other youngsters, the BBC
has learned. Bounties are being paid by "elders" who want to avoid carrying out the attacks themselves,
young people have told the BBC Beyond Today podcast.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5926]

The claims have been linked to at least one recent stabbing.
Merseyside Police said it was aware organised crime groups used violence to settle disputes.

In a statement the force did not directly address the teenagers' claims.
But it said gangs were known to exploit "young and vulnerable people to sell... drugs and even to use violence".

The teenagers, who wish to remain anonymous because they fear reprisals, said: "Young kids are getting money
put on their heads." One boy told the BBC that his best friend was the target of a £1,000 bounty.
He said a group attacked the victim, who then needed treatment in hospital. Two teenagers then split the bounty.

He said people would go to watch "straighteners" -a fight arranged to resolve a dispute -where people were
"getting stabbed". He added that senior gang members have said: "Here's five ton [£500] ($629.30)each -go and do it."
"And they'll go and do it because they'll think, if I do this, then I'll get more money and I'll get more respect from the elders."

Last year, Merseyside Police had one of the biggest increases in recorded knife offences with a 35% rise, according to
official statistics. The force recorded 1,231 offences involving a knife in 2018.
Alan Walsh, a youth worker who runs the city-wide campaign Real Men Don't Carry Knives, said he was "still shocked" at
the bounty claims. Other gang members in Liverpool have recently confirmed to him there have been other similar cases.

"Has it got to that stage where it's like going back to gladiators," he said. "The arena is the streets and we're putting a bounty
up?" Former probation officer James Riley, who has worked in Liverpool for 18 years and teaches children about the risks of
getting involved in gangs, said the bounty issue had traditionally only ever been linked to gun crime in the city.

But there had been a recent shift towards rewards for a person who uses and attacks with a knife, he added.
One of the main reasons for the bounties is so senior gang members can avoid punishments, Mr Riley said.
"The 'elders' want to distance themselves -they want to avoid arrest.
"They don't want to get their hands dirty - they know there's this continuous stream of young people out there who they can
exploit."

'Still gobsmacked'
Last week, figures showed that 22,041 knife or weapon offences were recorded in England and Wales in the past year
-the highest number since 2010. One in five of those convicted or cautioned were aged between 10 and 17, according
to the Ministry of Justice.

Mr Walsh, who works in Anfield, said: "I'm still gobsmacked that they have this thing where, at that tender age, they'll put a
bounty on other kids' heads. "I hope to God it's not a trend that takes off."...'
BBC:

Sadly, it's got to a point where I stopped posting the daily stabbings, but don't panic... they're still going on.

Quote:WEEKEND OF CARNAGE Lawless London sees FOURTH man killed on streets in weekend of bloodshed.

'A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in east London -the fourth brutally killed in the capital
during a weekend of carnage. The victim, believed to be in his 40s, was found collapsed and suffering stab wounds in
Stratford this morning.

The killing marks the 60th in the capital this year and comes after a weekend of bloodshed, which saw three others killed
on the streets in separate attacks in less than 24 hours.
In the latest incident, Scotland Yard said officers were called by paramedics at about 12.40am.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5927]

The man was pronounced dead at the scene about 20 minutes later.
No arrests have been made and inquiries into the bloody attack are continuing, with a post-mortem scheduled to take place
in due course. Scotland Yard said a section 60 order -which allows police to stop and search people -had been put in place
for the whole of the borough of Newham until 6pm this evening.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers believe they know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed."

The weekend's carnage began when two teens were attacked on Friday afternoon within a matter of minutes.
The first incident took place in Tooting, South West London, when Cheyon Evans, 18, was stabbed on the Aboyne Estate.
Mohammed Nadir Dafallah, 18, and a 17-year-old boy have been charged with the murder, Scotland Yard said on Sunday
morning.

A mum-of-two who witnessed the scene said: "I haven't seen that much blood in my life. I kept trying to tell him 'stay with me'.
"Then he just passed away in front of me."

Passed Away.
The second unfolded less than 15 minutes later Plumstead, South East London, just 12 miles away.
Three men were also stabbed in a separate attack outside a Tube station in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Then, on Saturday afternoon, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in Tower Hamlets, in East London.
Two men, aged 33 and 28, have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the Poplar death.

Witness David told The Sun Online he had gone out to get a paper and came back ten minutes later to see the police helicopter.
He said: "I saw them working on him for about three quarters of an hour then they covered him with a sheet."
Detectives are still searching for the suspects after the attack.

It comes after a grim day on London's streets on Friday first saw an 18-year-old knifed to death in Tooting, South West London.
Six men - aged between 16 and 19 - have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

'Body On The Floor'.
Marina Paget, 22, who lives in the area, said: "I walked past at 2.30pm and I didn't see anything, but when I came back from work
at 5.30pm it was all going on. "I walked past I saw what looked like the body on the floor covered in a bag and there were 50 people
around, loads of people, two or three ambulances."

Tooting MP Rosena Allin-Khan said the murder on Deeside Road was "heartbreaking" and "absolutely tragic".
Just 12 minutes later, a 19-year-old man was found with critical injuries after being shot in a car park in Plumstead, South East London.
He died at the scene a short while later.

Three boys - two aged 16 one 17 - have been arrested on suspicion of murder, along with a 17-year-old girl.
In a separate incident, at around 3.22am on Saturday, police were called to Bedford Road following reports of a fight near Clapham
North Tube station. Three men were found with stab and slash injuries.
Four men were arrested in connection with the incident - two for violent disorder, one accused of carrying a bladed instrument and
another for possession of a Taser - and have been taken into custody at a south London police station.

Fighting For Life.
In yet another attack on Saturday afternoon a man in his mid 40s was stabbed in the chest in Edmonton. He is currently fighting for
his life in hospital. London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he was "sickened" following the deaths of the two teenage boys.
He said: "Our overstretched police are working around the clock to keep Londoners safe. They need our support to end this scourge
of violence.”

US President Donald Trump reignited their war of words, calling Mr Khan a "disaster" in response to violence in London.
Retweeting a post by right-wing commentator Katie Hopkins about the killings, the president said the capital needed a new mayor
"ASAP". Mr Trump tweeted: "LONDON needs a new mayor ASAP. Khan is a disaster -will only get worse!
“He is a national ­disgrace who is destroying the City of London!”

Figures last month revealed five young people are attacked with a knife every day in London and Mr Khan warned it could take a
"decade" to turn back the tide of violent crime. However Met Police chief Cressida Dick recently hailed a reduction in stabbings
of under-25s after more stop and searches.
After the horror 24 hours, Scotland Yard said locals can expect an enhanced police presence near the crime scenes...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 08-31-2018, 01:20 PM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 09-01-2018, 12:11 PM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 10-24-2018, 10:54 AM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 03-17-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by BIAD - 06-17-2019, 11:33 AM
RE: London, The Eager Twin Of San Francisco. - by Wallfire - 06-17-2019, 11:42 AM